Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 24th, 2006, 03:09 PM
Passenger

Default shore excursions for western caribbean

i have seen where some people have gone to different places tobook there shore excursions other then carnival could you tell me how to find this i will be going to cozumel, belize city, costa maya, nassau
Sponsored Links
Old August 24th, 2006, 03:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

I took the most amazing Jeep Tour in Cozumel. I still talk about it 5 yrs later. Here is the website that we used

http://www.cancunvista.com/cozumel_t...ur_cozumel.htm

I seriously cannot say enough nice things about them. Everything was awesome.
Old August 24th, 2006, 06:49 PM
Passenger

My sister and I both have used www.coralbreezelimited.com for excursions in Belize. The snorkeling was the best I have ever done, My sister took her DH and 3 teenagers cave tubing and said it was awesome. You only have to pay a small deposit when you book. They give you clear instructions about meeting them at the dock. They include a meal. The food was great, too. My sister is still talking about it the excursion. There is some walking involved with the cave tubing, but my sister did fine even after having foot surgery.
Hope you have a great cruise.
Old August 25th, 2006, 11:41 AM
Admiral

Recommendations really depend upon what you want to do. I highly recommend using the ships excursions if you are a first-time cruiser.
I also have a general rule of thumb: If you have to travel via water or have more than a 1 hour ride by bus or taxi to GET to your excursion destination, then book a ships tour, just to be on the safe side in case something happens and your tour is delayed. The cruise lines will hold departure for returning ships excursions. If you do it on your own and you are delayed you could be waving bye-bye to your ship as she pulls out of the harbor.
With that being said, what are you interested in doing for excursions?
Old August 25th, 2006, 07:03 PM
Passenger

Louise30, when are you cruising, as those are the same ports our cruise stops at. We're booked for December 2 on the Glory.