Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 27th, 2006, 02:47 PM
Captain

Default Debarkation Time...

Cruising on Valor and returning to Miami @ 8:00 am. I have made a confirmation with a Dollar rental car at the Miami airport to pick us up at the port at 10:00 am. Did I over estimate this? We're not on a real tight time line I guess...

We are getting of the cruise, then renting a car and driving to Orlando that same day to do Disneyworld. Was considering driving up the coast from Miami, just to "sight-see" and get to our Orlando car rental drop off before 7:30 pm the same day.

Should this all be ok?

Thanx,
Krunch
Western Caribbean - Freedom - January, 2011
Southern Caribbean - Miracle - November, 2010
Western Caribbean - Liberty - November, 2008
Eastern Caribbean - Valor - October, 2006
Sponsored Links
Old August 27th, 2006, 02:59 PM
Admiral

Hi Krunch;
There are a lot of variables involved in your actual "debarkation" time. What deck are you on, whether you are a "platinum" member, are you in a suite, do you want to carry off all of your luggage yourself, etc. etc. I would think that in almost any case, you'll be off the ship by 10 A.M., and through customs and back into the real world. As far as driving to Orlando, and doing Disney the same day, I personally would think that this would be a little bit more than you'll want to do, all in one day. On the day of debarkation, you'll be getting out of bed pretty early, after having a great "last night" aboard the beautiful Valor, so you'll be a bit tired to start with. I'd be more inclined to take a liesurely drive up the coast, and turn in the car in Orlando that evening.
Others may disagree, but that's the way I'd do it.

Have a great cruise. Valor is a beautiful ship!

Ken
Old August 27th, 2006, 04:16 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I too think the 10:00 AM pick up would work out fine.

Message Boards Moderator
Old August 27th, 2006, 05:19 PM
Captain

Oh, sorry, maybe I didn't explain it right...That's all I want to do the day I get off is just drive up the coast to Orlando, then drop off the car and hit the hotel we have booked in Disney for that night. We won't actually start doing anything at Disney until the day after the drive

Krunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymaster
Hi Krunch;
There are a lot of variables involved in your actual "debarkation" time. What deck are you on, whether you are a "platinum" member, are you in a suite, do you want to carry off all of your luggage yourself, etc. etc. I would think that in almost any case, you'll be off the ship by 10 A.M., and through customs and back into the real world. As far as driving to Orlando, and doing Disney the same day, I personally would think that this would be a little bit more than you'll want to do, all in one day. On the day of debarkation, you'll be getting out of bed pretty early, after having a great "last night" aboard the beautiful Valor, so you'll be a bit tired to start with. I'd be more inclined to take a liesurely drive up the coast, and turn in the car in Orlando that evening.
Others may disagree, but that's the way I'd do it.

Have a great cruise. Valor is a beautiful ship!

Ken
Old August 30th, 2006, 03:52 PM
First Mate

Hi Krunch,

We just got back from our second trip to Disneyworld last week. Had a fantastic time. If it's your first time going there and you have any questions, or would like some recommendations of "must do" things, let me know!

It's funny how I live around 55 miles from Disneyland and the Long Beach port, but keep ending up in Florida for all our cruises and vacations.

Carnival - Spirit: Alaska (August 8, 2007)
Carnival - Miracle: Exotic Western Caribbean (April 9, 2006)
Royal Caribbean - Explorer of the Seas: Eastern Caribbean (January 2005)
Old August 30th, 2006, 04:18 PM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to David West Send a message via Yahoo to David West

You should be fine on the 10:00 O'clock, specially if you do the self assist on your luggage. Just in case you run late, have the phone number to your rental car company handy.

Your going to love the Valor What an awesome ship

Happy Sailing to all;
David
Legend May 2009
Liberty - Aug.23 2008
Fantasy - Sept.22 2007
Fantasy - Sept.27 2007 (B 2 B )
Holiday- Sept.- 2006
Valor- May - 2006
Conquest- August- 2003
Inspiration-Sept.-2001
Enchanted Isle- Sept.- 1999
Old August 30th, 2006, 04:55 PM
Admiral

Travel time from the Port of Miami to Disney World if you travel on the Florida Turnpike is approximately 4 hours, maybe more if you hit traffic congestion. What road are you going to use to "drive up the coast"?? If you take A1A (the scenic route), plan on at least a 6 hour drive. A1A doesn't hug the coast all the way, it weaves around and through some very congested areas. If you have a specific destination you want to see, i.e., Cocoa Beach, Fort Lauderdale Beach, etc., my suggestion would be to travel north on I95 and exit at locations along the way that will take you to the ocean.
Old August 30th, 2006, 07:15 PM
Captain

PM sent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobRen
Hi Krunch,

We just got back from our second trip to Disneyworld last week. Had a fantastic time. If it's your first time going there and you have any questions, or would like some recommendations of "must do" things, let me know!

It's funny how I live around 55 miles from Disneyland and the Long Beach port, but keep ending up in Florida for all our cruises and vacations.
Old August 30th, 2006, 07:21 PM
Captain

That's what I was thinking too...

Krunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by David West
You should be fine on the 10:00 O'clock, specially if you do the self assist on your luggage. Just in case you run late, have the phone number to your rental car company handy.

Your going to love the Valor What an awesome ship

Happy Sailing to all;
David
Old August 30th, 2006, 07:30 PM
Captain

Well, exactly that, I am looking for suggestions. I haven't actually looked at the maps too much yet, but I have also never been to Florida and would like to avoid confusion, traffic, and rough neighborhoods if applicable. As mentioned, if I can get off the ship, into a rental car, and out of Miami by even 11:00am, I'm in no real rush to get to Orlando. I am dropping off the rental car that evening at the Orlando airport, buy they are open 24 hours, so again, no rush to get there. Since we get up early t get off the ship, I would like to be checked into our hotel in Disney world around 9-10 pm at the latest, and start Disney early the next morning. So I have almost 12 hours to get from Miami to Orlando. I was thinking that a nice leisurley drive in a new place would be a nice thing. Drive up the coast, take in the scenery, smell the salt air. (I'm from a coastal town originally, and the air kinda sucks here in the praries where I live now.)

Again, a slow paced nice drive with scenery if possible. Don't really care about stopping for things to do, unless they are a MUST do in your opinion. So if you have suggestions, or a better route to take that fits that criteria, I would love to hear about it.

Thanx,
Krunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosetattoo
Travel time from the Port of Miami to Disney World if you travel on the Florida Turnpike is approximately 4 hours, maybe more if you hit traffic congestion. What road are you going to use to "drive up the coast"?? If you take A1A (the scenic route), plan on at least a 6 hour drive. A1A doesn't hug the coast all the way, it weaves around and through some very congested areas. If you have a specific destination you want to see, i.e., Cocoa Beach, Fort Lauderdale Beach, etc., my suggestion would be to travel north on I95 and exit at locations along the way that will take you to the ocean.