Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 2nd, 2006, 02:59 PM
Beginner

Send a message via ICQ to jfig24 Send a message via AIM to jfig24 Send a message via Yahoo to jfig24
Default What to wear?

I have read several post on the board about the formal nights, and what you should and should not wear. I'm a little concerned because I am a big guy who has gained some weight and can no longer fit the one suit I have. For dinner during the non-formal nights, is it ok to wear black slacks or khakis, and dress shirt? For the formal nights, where does the formal dinner take place? Is there another dinning option on that night? I have a very dark charcoal gray suit (looks black) that I can wear, but I want to make sure that is ok to wear. I also don't want to have to pack it if I don't have to. I have been worrying about for a few days so I want to make sure i'm prepared. I have already paid a lot for the cruise and still have all the charges I will have when I actually sail....buying a suit right now is not an option.
Sponsored Links
Old September 2nd, 2006, 04:09 PM
Admiral

I think you will find your answer here ....

http://cruisemates.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=561704

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old September 2nd, 2006, 04:11 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Yep, that dark gray suit you have will be just fine for formal night. Dinner is always in one of the dining rooms, you'll be assigned a table and just go there every evening, same room always.

For the casual nights the docker type pants are fine, and you can wear a polo shirt with a collar, don't need a dress shirt for casual nights.

Message Boards Moderator
Old September 2nd, 2006, 04:26 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
For the formal nights, where does the formal dinner take place? Is there another dinning option on that night? I have a very dark charcoal gray suit (looks black) that I can wear, but I want to make sure that is ok to wear. I also don't want to have to pack it if I don't have to

The formal dinner takes place in the dinning room. Casual dining is available in the buffet every night. A dark charcoal gray suit is fine. Lots of guys wear dark gray suits, including my husband.

Monarch of the Seas - December 2006
Elation - April 2006
Sensation - May 2005
Old September 2nd, 2006, 06:09 PM
Captain

Your grey suit will be fine, you can even unbutton it after you sit down at the table to make more room for the great food...

Conquest .... Nov /03 (New Orleans)
Conquest .... Dec /05 (Galveston)
Celebration.. Sept /06 (Jacksonville)
Fantasy....... Dec/07 (New Orleans)
Splendor...... Nov. 29th, 2009

Splendor...... Nov. 28th, 2010 (booked)
Old September 5th, 2006, 10:29 PM
Captain

jfig24,

Your gray suit will be fine. Go and have a wonderful time. Be sure to tell us all about your trip when you get home. We all love to hear about the fun time others have on cruises!!!

Libragirl from Texas
Old September 6th, 2006, 05:45 AM
Cruise Maniac

Yep, the gray suit will work. I wanted to add a suggestion. If perhaps you are only interested in going to one of the formal night dinners (if you are on a 7 day or more cruise), then I suggest the first formal night. That night is usually a "Fun day at sea" and gives you more time to get ready and also, it is usually the one steak and lobster night (if you enjoy that). Then, for the second formal night, you can just hit the buffet instead of going to the dining room, if you don't feel like dressing up again.

Review & Photos