Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 3rd, 2006, 11:25 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Carnival Glory Singers and Dancers

I've just returned from my first ever cruise on the Carnival Glory and I have to say that it was simply amazing. I loved all of the shows in the Amber Palace and all the activities that they had. Mark Price (the cruise director) too is hilarious! The shows were really fantastic and way exceeded my expectations.

One thing that amazes me most, though, are the Carnival Glory singers and dancers; they are so talented! I wouldn't have expected this kind of quality from such a low-fare cruise line! The female singer (Cassandra Swales) has an excellent voice and so does the male singer, although I forgot his name. Does anyone know his name? I think that it was Jeremy somthing.
Old September 3rd, 2006, 01:22 PM
Admiral

Hi Cherie, Happy that you had a wonderful cruise.We too LOVED!!!!Mark Price the CD,and Happy that he is still there...A Very Funny Guy.We also LOVE!!!! The Glory
Old September 3rd, 2006, 02:37 PM
Captain

Happy to hear your cruise was everything you expected. I find it hard to believe anyone could be disappointed, but it does happen. Soooooooo, where yah goin next?
Glory (eastern) 12/2006
Destiny 01/2009
Old September 3rd, 2006, 05:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandRocks
Soooooooo, where yah goin next?
Well, first of all, I seriously have to replenish my bank account before I decide to do anything else.

But, if we're looking (, say, another 3 or more years into the future ) I'd go on the Carnival Glory again to the Western Caribbean, because my cruise (originally Western Caribbean) was changed to the Eastern itinerary due to Ernesto. If I win the lottery or something (lol) I'd go on one of those cruises (with Carnival again) to Europe (Italy, Greek, etc.)
Old September 3rd, 2006, 08:26 PM
Admiral

Hello Cherie; I agree with you about the Glory Singers and Dancers. The male singers name is Jeremy Rabe, and you're right,,,both he and Cassandra are very good. The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I both found everything aboard the Glory, food, entertainment and all the rest to be a cut above amy other Carnival ship we've sailed lately. Just a really, really good cruise.
We'll be back!

Ken
Old September 3rd, 2006, 08:42 PM
Admiral

Hi Cherie,

I'm so happy to hear you had a great cruise! I hope you'll post a review for others sailing on the Glory.

Replinish that bank account and book the Western ASAP !

It sounds like you're "my" kind of cruiser! (See my tag line !)

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old September 4th, 2006, 12:03 PM
Beginner

Hi,

Glad to hear about the quality shows on Carnival Glory. We really enjoying seeing the shows on cruise evenings. We're looking at Carnival Glory and the Eastern Caribbean itinerary for our next cruise.

We were on Carnival Miracle for the Western Caribbean this summer and thought each port was great. We enjoyed the shows on the Miracle, too. Did the Glory offer a backstage tour of the Amber Palace? (Miracle had one of the Phantom Lounge which we took. It was interesting to meet the theater crew and learn abut their backgrounds and working on cruises.)
Old September 4th, 2006, 12:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahl
Did the Glory offer a backstage tour of the Amber Palace? (Miracle had one of the Phantom Lounge which we took. It was interesting to meet the theater crew and learn abut their backgrounds and working on cruises.)
No, I don't think that the Glory had a backstage tour (or I didn't know about it?) It would have been nice though. However, on the last performance, the Carnival Legends, we got to take a photo with them after the show and even had a little talk with them.
Old September 4th, 2006, 06:31 PM
Admiral

We sailed on the Glory in July and they had a backstage tour which was great...we got to see the tiny dressing room that the dancers use to change their many costumes, lighting, props, etc.
Old September 4th, 2006, 06:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosetattoo
...we got to see the tiny dressing room that the dancers use to change their many costumes, lighting, props, etc.
I would have liked to had a backstage tour. What amazes me most is how fast the dancers can change!
Old September 4th, 2006, 07:03 PM
Admiral

I was lucky enough to be "Frank Sinatra" on the Valor "Legends Show", but got beat out aboard the Glory by some guy who looked a lot like Mel Torme. (I think he was a ringer!) It was great fun being in the show, and needless to say, we got to meet, and talk to all the singers and dancers, as well as see all of the backstage workings, and dressing rooms. Great fun, and a once in a lifetime opportunity. I hope to be "Frank" again aboard the Miracle in November.

See you aboard,

Ken
Old September 6th, 2006, 01:38 AM
Cruise Maniac

I am glad u enjoyed Glory. We set sail on Glory in less than 3 weeks.

Old September 7th, 2006, 11:31 AM
Passenger

Default Amaretto, did I entertain you???

I was the poor guy that the comedian/magician picked to come on stage and 'help' him out with the money trick. My laid back, somewhat stoic attitude, seemed to bother him a little (although he made some fairly good jokes about it). Hey, he should have never picked someone with a background in law Enforcement. We just don't get real excited. At least where it shows anyway. But, I think I got him back a little toward the end. Hopefully, that is my last brush with show business. Okay, it was sort of fun.
Old September 7th, 2006, 03:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Amaretto, did I entertain you???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie In Montana
I was the poor guy that the comedian/magician picked to come on stage and 'help' him out with the money trick. My laid back, somewhat stoic attitude, seemed to bother him a little (although he made some fairly good jokes about it). Hey, he should have never picked someone with a background in law Enforcement. We just don't get real excited. At least where it shows anyway. But, I think I got him back a little toward the end. Hopefully, that is my last brush with show business. Okay, it was sort of fun.
Oh, you mean the show on the day we were at St. Maarten (Wed. 30 August, I believe)? Were you on the Carnival Glory that sailed on 26 August?

I watched that show and I guess the magician was okay. The magician (Justin Illusion) that performed the night before was better.
Old September 7th, 2006, 06:13 PM
Captain

My husband and I are cruising on the Glory on September 30. It will be our first time on the Glory and we are very excited!!!! I'll write a review when we get back!

Libragirl from Texas
Old September 7th, 2006, 08:12 PM
Admiral

Hey LibraGirl. You and your hubby are going to love the Glory. We look forward to that report when you return. 8)

Ken
Old September 8th, 2006, 12:58 PM
Passenger

Default Glory 8/26

[quote]Oh, you mean the show on the day we were at St. Maarten (Wed. 30 August, I believe)? Were you on the Carnival Glory that sailed on 26 August?

I watched that show and I guess the magician was okay. The magician (Justin Illusion) that performed the night before was better.[quote]

Yep, I was there and I do belive it was Wednesday night when I made my show business debut where he 'burned my $10 dollar bill' and when he wanted my to identify it I told him that wasn't it that I gave him a $100.

What was your favorite, St. Thomas or St. Maarten?
Old September 8th, 2006, 12:58 PM
Passenger

Default Glory 8/26

[quote]Oh, you mean the show on the day we were at St. Maarten (Wed. 30 August, I believe)? Were you on the Carnival Glory that sailed on 26 August?

I watched that show and I guess the magician was okay. The magician (Justin Illusion) that performed the night before was better.[quote]

Yep, I was there and I do belive it was Wednesday night when I made my show business debut where he 'burned my $10 dollar bill' and when he wanted my to identify it I told him that wasn't it that I gave him a $100.

Old September 8th, 2006, 04:54 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Glory 8/26

[quote="Ronnie In Montana"][quote]Oh, you mean the show on the day we were at St. Maarten (Wed. 30 August, I believe)? Were you on the Carnival Glory that sailed on 26 August?

I watched that show and I guess the magician was okay. The magician (Justin Illusion) that performed the night before was better.
Quote:

Haha

My favourite was St. Maarten. The tourist port just seemed more "accessible" and it was nicer too. They're really similar, actually; but I chose St. Maarten especially because I was able to go snorkelling on that day.

What was your favourite?
Old September 8th, 2006, 06:39 PM
Passenger

Default St Maarten / St Thomas

I agree with you. They are real similar and St. Maarten's port area was better (liked the guys playing the island music at the entrance). We did the Island tour thing on St. Maarten and it was okay. We got to see allot of the Island that way. There are Hotels and Resturants all over that place and in places you would never think there would be any. We did like St. Thomas also, although we never really got out too far away from the port area. We did the sky ride (so-so) and the Ocean Sub which was pretty neat. Some good shopping on both islands although many of the stores had the same things over and over. Bought a bottle of my favorite gin in St. Maarten. A bottle runs around $42.00 here. I got it there for $10.99. It looks like both islands are becoming a playground for the rich and famous while most of the natives are still in or close to poverty. Which brings up Nassau. Good Grief, if it wasn't for tourism, wouldn't those poor people be hurting? We did a little horse drawn carriage tour and we seen some real slum areas.
All the people we ran into on all the islands seemed fairly friendly (a few pushy people in Nassau trying to part me from my money, but I expected that). We never encountered anyone rude until we got back to Orlando. Reality set back in real quick. All in all, a great cruise. Next time I do a carribean cruise, I think I'll go @ February. Although I expected it, the heat and humidity was a little much at times for someone who lives in the northern Rocky Mountains. Oh, yeah, we thought the dancers/singers were great too! I was surprised at the quality of the entertainment and all the different sets, props and effects. I never expected that. I'll be cruzin again!