Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 7th, 2006, 02:21 AM
Passenger

Default Triumph room 6408

Has anyone had this room or the ones in close proximity? I am wondering about possible noise from below, motion of the ship, etc? Pictures would be awesome too. We are sailing Western Carribean.....are we looking at ports or ocean views in Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios?

Thanks for any help you can offer
Sponsored Links
Old September 7th, 2006, 08:23 AM
Admiral

That cabin looks great to me. Its towards the aft (back) which should be just fine. Are you worried about anything in particular?

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Old September 7th, 2006, 09:32 AM
Passenger

Thanks Dina for replying. We are getting married on this cruise which is our first vacation. There had been a mess up yesterday with our reservation. We had originally been booked an 8A gty. For some reason right from the time we booked we were in an 8B gty. About 2 months back there was a price reduction and we got a credit.

Yesterday when I called re: a further price reduction, our TA called Carnvial. Somehow during the first price reduction we were mistakenly dropped back to an 8A. Our TA negotiated a $100 reduction and the opportunity to pick our room. From the rooms available, this room (6408) is the one I chose.

I was quite thrilled with it until I read that it was over the karaoke bar. Im really hoping that it isnt too noisy. Do you know what time the Venezia lounge closes?

And I was just wondering if we are looking at ports or the ocean most of the time when docked? Since we live on an Island year round, we would prefer to see the ports and all the local activity in Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios.
Old September 7th, 2006, 09:56 AM
Beginner

Default Triumph

That's the same itinerary I'm doing on the Triumph. When are you sailing? We leave next week, 9-16-06. It's my first cruise and I can't wait!!

Becki
Old September 7th, 2006, 10:22 AM
Passenger

We are sailing on October 28th. Have fun on your cruise....I think the anticipation is going to kill me before I ever set foot on that plane
Old September 7th, 2006, 10:48 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar67
Thanks Dina for replying. We are getting married on this cruise which is our first vacation. There had been a mess up yesterday with our reservation. We had originally been booked an 8A gty. For some reason right from the time we booked we were in an 8B gty. About 2 months back there was a price reduction and we got a credit.

Yesterday when I called re: a further price reduction, our TA called Carnvial. Somehow during the first price reduction we were mistakenly dropped back to an 8A. Our TA negotiated a $100 reduction and the opportunity to pick our room. From the rooms available, this room (6408) is the one I chose.

I was quite thrilled with it until I read that it was over the karaoke bar. Im really hoping that it isnt too noisy. Do you know what time the Venezia lounge closes?

And I was just wondering if we are looking at ports or the ocean most of the time when docked? Since we live on an Island year round, we would prefer to see the ports and all the local activity in Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios.
Your very welcome. I wish I could tell you about the rest of your questions. On my ship, everytime I walked back to the kareoke bar there wasn't anyone in there. I don't know if thats the same for your ship but I wouldn't worry about that. The lounges on Destiny seemed to close down around 1:30 or so. I think they would keep them open as long as they have enough people in the lounge to make money.

I'll defer port questions to someone who has more experience on the ship. Either way.. you'll have a fantastic time. Just take it easy and go with the flow and it will be the best vacation ever.

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Old September 8th, 2006, 09:26 AM
Beginner

I know the feeling, I cannot wait until next week! I'll post a review for you when I get back. I'm a very positive person and I just know I'll have a great time.

Becki
Old September 8th, 2006, 12:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Make sure you try the piano bar. If you’re in luck Damon is still playing there. He was there for our cruise last April and he was very entertaining.