Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 7th, 2006, 04:56 PM
Beginner

Send a message via ICQ to jfig24 Send a message via AIM to jfig24 Send a message via Yahoo to jfig24
Default Questions about renting a tuxedo onboard.....

Hi everyone,

So i've been thinking about what I am going to wear for the formal nights on the cruise since I tried on my suit and learned it doesn't fit me anymore...i've finally decided that it might be best to just rent a tuxedo onboard. I have a few questions though:

1. How much does it cost and how long can you rent it for (i.e. one night or two?)

2. What do you get? (i.e. how many shirts, pants, etc) Also, can you rent the shoes?

3. Finally, do they have big sizes? I wear a size 42 pants and XXL shirt, so I want to make sure they will have something that will fit me.

5. Is there a way for me to reserve a tux ahead of time? I sail on the 23rd of this month so only about 2 more weeks left.

4. Lastly, are both nights equally formal? I know the Captains Ball the 2nd night is very formal, but i'm wondering if the second night is just as formal.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can provide some questions!
Sponsored Links
Old September 7th, 2006, 05:16 PM
Passenger

If you go to the Carnival website, they have a listing of what you can get, how long you can get it for, and how much it costs. They are listed under apparel in the section were you can order food and such to be delivered to your room. I would get measurements taken well be your cruise at a place like Belk's that sells suits. They will take them for free. Then I would call your Carnival Agent or TA and have them check on sizing for you, but I bet that if you call ahead enough, they can get your size.
Old September 7th, 2006, 05:17 PM
Administrator
Admiral

First: Go to your local tuxedo shop or men's store and be professionally measured.

Next: Go to this link on the Carnival Website: http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/De...l+Wear+Rentals

This will answer questions and give you the contact and pricing information you need.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me