Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 12th, 2006, 07:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Back of ship room

Has anyone been in room 8450, it is on the Veranda deck, back of the ship, I have been told that the balcony is deeper than the regular. Any pix of this room? This is on the Liberty. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old September 13th, 2006, 11:17 AM
Passenger

we stayed directly below on deck 7 (Conquest). it was great...very quiet and the view was very unique
Old September 15th, 2006, 01:29 AM
Passenger

We stayed in the extended balcony, back of the ship on the Valor and loved it. We heard you would feel more movement but we didnt notice anything different. We loved the room.

Carnival Spirit 10/02/06
Carnival Valor 5/29/05
Carnival Destiny 5/2/04
Carnival Fascination 1/24/03
Old September 16th, 2006, 10:32 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks all I was just wondering This room is just below the back pool.
Hopefully it will still be quite.
Old September 16th, 2006, 10:51 AM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to outdoors27

Sandi

We stayed in one of the back cabins on the Valor Rm #7449 (Sister ship to the Liberty) and didn't enjoy it. We were told this is a great cabin as well, but I must say we won't book an aft acabin again. Many mornings we had some form of food or cig. butts on our balcony form the night before. Yes, your room will have a large balcony and a different view as one of the others stated, but that's it. We also felt a lot of movement,one example was when the side thrusters were used going into Isle Rotan at 700am. All I have to say is that it was an interesting way to wake up. You'll also feel a lot more movement during rough seas if there are any. We had a few days one of them sailing back through Katrina to Miami.

Once again I am sharing our experience and not trying to sound too negative. Many people on this board told me it was a great cabin and as I said it may have just been our cruise and obvious time of the year. Good luck and enjoy either way.

We you get back if you can share some feed back about the Liberty that would be great as we are sailing on it in July of 07 on an 8 day trip down to Panama.

Thanks and happy cruising.

Rich
Britanis 1985
Carnival Fantasy 1992
Carnival Destiny 1998
Carnival Destiny 1999
Carnival Victory 2002
Carnival Pride 2004
Carnival Valor 2005
Carnival Freedom 2011

Carnival Breeze (Hopefully June or July 2012)
Old September 16th, 2006, 06:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks Rich,

I will be sure to let you know about the Liberty! I have been all over the different ships, and I thought we would try the back this time. We will see I guess. Thanks again.
Old September 25th, 2006, 09:20 AM
Passenger

I have had aft cabins befor and they are great. I did not notice any extra motion or noise. The extra balcony room is worth it to me. We did have the cigarette butt issue, but our steward vacuumed the balcony daily. I am not sure if that is procedure or just great service! I will only book aft cabins again in th future if I can get them. Also, great views and sunsets!!
Old September 26th, 2006, 01:47 PM
Passenger

I was in an aft balcony cabin on Sept 16th on the Victory. We were 8A Aft. There was much movement, strong smell of fried foods, and the bar below blasted the base music from 5:00pm - 1:00am. The view was breath taking though. Given the choice again, I am not sure I would pick this particular floor. I am sure the higher up you go, the better. We still had a great time and enjoyed our cruise very much!!