CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Ship Recomendation (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/320889-ship-recomendation.html)

Irish Shark September 20th, 2006 06:06 PM

Ship Recomendation

We have never been on a Carnival cruise. I think that this is due to the fact that the early Carnival cruises were for the "party crowd" of teenagers/college types. Also we were told by some folks who sailed on Carnival that the food was worse than Denny's.

From the discussons here, it sure looks like things have changed on Carnival.

So, I am looking for suggestions on what Carnival ship and destination would be a good one to start with.

It does not matter where the departure port is or the destination.

Thanks. :D

skymaster September 20th, 2006 07:58 PM

I agree that Carnival has changed over the last two years or so. The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I have done several Carnival cruises recently, and have two more booked at this time. The food aboard, even though the same menu, varies greatly from ship to ship, but we found the Carnival "Glory" to be the best of the ships we've sailed. It was an excellent cruise in nearly all respects. I'd not hesitate to recommend the "Glory" to most anyone. :D

Later,

Ken

Luanne Russo September 20th, 2006 09:40 PM

Okay, Everyone knows which one I recommend. Don't you? You are so close to Texas. It has to be the Conquest. Great ship, great people, great state. LOL

Luanne

ArkJudy September 21st, 2006 10:43 AM

Our favorite ship and itinerary was the Carnival Legend 8-day Eastern. A wonderful ship, great staff, exciting ports of call, plenty of sea days.

Gail F September 21st, 2006 11:00 AM

my favortie so far is also Legend ,It is by far the easiest to get around, and the way the food court is , it takes some of the lines away. They also have the adult only pool up back, that the two times I went on they strictly enforced no kids .
Tortola is the most prettiest Island I have been to also.

ClevelandRocks September 21st, 2006 02:12 PM

Make that 2 for Glory!

dottiel September 21st, 2006 07:04 PM

Our only other Carnival cruise was on the Spirit to Alaska. AWEOME cruise, wonderful staff and great food!

We're now booked on the Conquest for March 2007 Western cruise. Can't WAIT!

Will September 21st, 2006 07:29 PM

3 for Glory

Dorothy September 21st, 2006 08:53 PM

With Cleveland, Ken and Will - make that 4 for the Glory.

The Miracle was actually prettier, but I liked the Glory much better. Great ship. and even though you don't seem to care much about the itinerary, I like the Glory's a lot.

dorothy

mehawk September 24th, 2006 12:00 AM

Conquest

ThePurplePrincess September 24th, 2006 12:03 AM

Ok Luanne - what about Ecstasy? Anyone?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luanne Russo
Okay, Everyone knows which one I recommend. Don't you? You are so close to Texas. It has to be the Conquest. Great ship, great people, great state. LOL

Luanne

What about Ecstasy? It leaves from Galveston also.

Is it s good one for a first time cruiser?

Luanne Russo September 24th, 2006 12:12 AM

It is actually better for a first timer. It is smaller than the Conquest, so easier to move around on. It was my first, so I have a special fondness for it.

Luanne

Cruise-N-Arky September 24th, 2006 01:27 AM

I'm cruising in the Fantasy soon. Can anyone give me their opinion of this ship? And if you have any pictures I would love to see them.

Dorothy September 24th, 2006 06:28 AM

Arky,

I have a review of the Fantasy in the readers review section.

dorothy

Bob M September 24th, 2006 09:40 AM

Do the Conquest, Galveston is easy to sail out of & a great city to explore if you have time..... We did the Conquest twice & our last cruise on the Celebration..... I really missed the Conquest while on the Celebration, the soft seats for reading a book & the open piano bar where you can relax......