CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Question about bringing a small fan for sleep (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/321052-question-about-bringing-small-fan-sleep.html)

ThePurplePrincess September 23rd, 2006 10:20 PM

Question about bringing a small fan for sleep

I am one of those sleepers who sleeps better with a breeze and at least a little fan noise. I get hot very easy without a breeze when I sleep and I have a hard time sleeping well without the white noise of the fan
so my question is:

I have a small sturdy desk fan that I would like to bring - is that permissible?

Has anyone else brought along a small desk fan?

Give me some feedback please!

Thanks so much everyone - your information and advice is indispensable¬*and so much appreciated! ':D'
¬*

BlueChef September 24th, 2006 09:46 AM

I understand. I sleep under a ceiling fan all year long, and miss the soft whirrr when cruising. I don't take a fan simply because I don't want to lose my valuable luggage space. I can do without most anything for a few days...but yes, I do miss my little night noise and breeze.

I don't believe there would be any problem with your taking your small fan. It would use less power than some other appliances people take on board. (My desk fan is only about 6"x5", but still too bulky...to me.) However, if you feel you have the space, go for it. :D

booboo4031 September 24th, 2006 03:45 PM

I bring this little turbo fan on every cruise .. it's tiny, packs easily, and moves a ton of air!

rosetattoo September 24th, 2006 05:42 PM

We also bring a fan when we cruise, found a small, square one at Wal-Mart for under $20...just bring an extension cord too because there is only one outlet in your room and you might want to move it around.

cherylroy September 24th, 2006 06:25 PM

I'll have to try that! I sleep with the overhead fan and another one blowing my hair away! Which is one reason I like booking in the cool months and prop my door open all night long on the ship!

Luanne Russo September 25th, 2006 08:16 AM

We also have one of those Wal Mart fans. Be careful, because you might wake up with icicles on your toes. LOL It feels really good when you go to bed, but burr in the morning, it is always cold.

Have fun.

Luanne

cherylroy September 25th, 2006 09:27 AM

do you carry it?? Or pack it?? How big is it??

Luanne Russo September 25th, 2006 09:30 AM

It's about the size of a toaster. Maybe a little bigger. It comes in a box, and we took it that way the first time, but now we take it without the box, and seem to have more room.

louise30 September 25th, 2006 11:58 AM

fan

i just got back from the glory and i to sleep with a fan. i packed mine in my suitcase just makesure you have a long enough extension cord i like it beside my bed and the plug was accross the room and if i got up in the night i would fall over it