Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 25th, 2006, 12:53 PM
Passenger

Default legend cabin 8234

Anyone stay in the cabin? Look like a bigger than normal cabin... thanx
Sponsored Links
Old September 25th, 2006, 04:18 PM
Passenger

This cabin is wheelchair accessible. It is the same sq. footage as a reg. cabin, but has a bigger bathroom, which makes the rest of the cabin space smaller. There is no couch in the cabin. It does have a longer balcony. Here's a link to some pics. of the same cabin on the Liberty.

Edit: The comments above apply to cabin # 8234 on the Legend. This link is to pics of cabin #7439 on Carnival Liberty. The link to pics. of 8234 or 8239 are in my next post. Sorry for the confusion

Old September 25th, 2006, 04:25 PM
Passenger

Sorry, I posted the wrong pics. I'll try to find the right ones and post them.

Old September 25th, 2006, 04:48 PM
Passenger

Hi again....okay, I think I have it right this time! Here's the link to cabin 8239 which is the same cabin on the other side of the ship.

Old September 26th, 2006, 01:18 PM
Passenger

thanx so much for the pics. We are getting 2 cabins for our family of 5. of course i booked the kids in the inside but really our little one was going to stay with us in the balcony... will they bring a roll away in for him... my agent was award of my plan because its less expensive. but i thought there would be the sofa for him. thanx.
Old September 26th, 2006, 09:23 PM
Passenger

You're very welcome for the pics. I had them saved on my comp. because we had booked the same type of cabin on the Spirit, but my agent didn't seem to know too much about the layout etc. I decided to do a search on Google and came up with those pics. on Webshots. When we realised that it was set up for wheelchair use & didn't have the couch, we decided to change to a reg. cabin. We ended up with the same cabin as on our last cruise, which we were very happy with. I honestly don't know if you would be able to fit a cot in there. It doesn't look like it from the pics., but maybe someone who has actually stayed in that cabin would know. If I come across any other info. I'll let you know.

Old September 26th, 2006, 09:47 PM
Passenger

Guess who again? I found this info. from a couple of reviews, doesn't give too much information, but may help. Sounds like the balcony would be wonderful.

My husband is in a wheelchair so we had a wheelchair accessible cabin. It was great. This was our 6th cruise and the accessibility keeps getting better and better. Our cabin was a category 8I cabin number 8234. There was room for him to move around in his wheelchair and we had a balcony that was 30 ft long. It was wonderful.

We had booked an "Extended Balcony" unit on the Panorama Deck (8). At first we were assigned Cabin 8167, but I did not wish to be "mid-ship" and a few weeks prior to the Cruise had requested a move to the back of the ship and received Cabin 8234. This cabin is the handicap suite and it comes with a couple of perks. (1) a balcony extended beyond belief, it was 3x the width of a regular balcony. (2) the bathroom is HUGE. I heard others complain of small bathrooms, but not the handicap suite - very, very spacious. To acquire the large bathroom, the sofa is removed and instead you have a small round table with two chairs. No big deal for us - there was only the two of us, so the missing sofa was never missed!