CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Is it possible to get burned out on crusing? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/321205-possible-get-burned-out-crusing.html)

Cruise-N-Arky September 26th, 2006 05:46 PM

Is it possible to get burned out on crusing?
 
I am scheduled for my second cruise ever and I am so excited I can't stay off of the web. I have made cruisemates and youtube websites my new home.

I just hope I don't get burned out before I even cruise. Is this possible :roll:
Do you know anyone this has happened to?

CRUISE ON! !

Bob M September 26th, 2006 05:54 PM

Not me, I do slack off a bit until I start researching our next cruise.... I like to take a good look at the Ports & also reviews of the ship we want to take....

David West September 26th, 2006 05:59 PM

I can't speak for everyone, but for me, I would love to try :!: I can't Imagine how it would feel, not to want to cruise for a few years. Maybe oneday I'll know. LOL
If money was no object, I would live on the Cruise ship "The World " :!: And just sail to different ports all over the country. 8)

The wife and I sailed on the Valor in May, and just got back Monday (25)from the Holiday. :) And if possible, I would love to do another one before the end of the year. But thats not going to happen . :(

Some say I got it bad . But what a life style that would be . LOL

Happy cruising to all; :D
David

Cruise-N-Arky September 26th, 2006 06:16 PM

I saw the TV special on the cruise ship The World. It would be great to live there.

I have got to get my lottery numbers in. It's my only hope

CRUISE ON! ! !

David West September 26th, 2006 06:18 PM

LOL LOL LOL :!:

Luanne Russo September 26th, 2006 07:47 PM

I do get burnt out in the way you describe if i am not careful. I have to make sure that I don't spend every waking moment thinking about it.

I wouldn't want to do, the ship"The World" Those people don't do Hairy chest, Newlywed, etc. LOL They do tea, and ibbity sandwiches. LOL

Fern September 26th, 2006 07:58 PM

I agree with Luanne! (Not TOO surprising!)

"The World" sounds too "uppity" for me!

I'm just a laid back southern girl... Wouldn't fit in at all!

I don't think I'll ever be burned out on cruising LOL .

Luanne Russo September 26th, 2006 08:02 PM

Fern, I think you and I would fit right in. We can pretend we have class just like the rest of them. LOL

POPPA_DADDYO September 27th, 2006 05:38 PM

I can only see it getting old if you go and have problems everytime, or if you sail the same ship with the same activities.

David West September 27th, 2006 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luanne Russo
I do get burnt out in the way you describe if i am not careful. I have to make sure that I don't spend every waking moment thinking about it.

I wouldn't want to do, the ship"The World" Those people don't do Hairy chest, Newlywed, etc. LOL They do tea, and ibbity sandwiches. LOL

Hey Luanne,
Thats what that ship needs, is a bunch of ole southern boys to help things go right ! LOL

Happy Sailing to all; :D
David

Dorothy September 28th, 2006 11:17 AM

I don't think I will get "burned out" but I did decide I needed to try another cruiseline.

Much to the chagrin of my dh, I'm now even more enthusiastic about cruising.

Speaking of my dh...he cruised exactly twice and then said "I think I'm done." I am now cruising with sons, sisters, nieces, friends - ANYONE who still has the bug as bad as I do! 8)

His biggest issue is that you are only at the ports for one day. He says he can't possibly explore and enjoy the destination in 6-8 hours. I get it, but the ship is the best part of cruising for me, so I'm still a cruise nut.

dorothy

POPPA_DADDYO September 28th, 2006 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I don't think I will get "burned out" but I did decide I needed to try another cruiseline.

Much to the chagrin of my dh, I'm now even more enthusiastic about cruising.

Speaking of my dh...he cruised exactly twice and then said "I think I'm done." I am now cruising with sons, sisters, nieces, friends - ANYONE who still has the bug as bad as I do! 8)

His biggest issue is that you are only at the ports for one day. He says he can't possibly explore and enjoy the destination in 6-8 hours. I get it, but the ship is the best part of cruising for me, so I'm still a cruise nut.

dorothy

You are absolutely right. The cruising is the best part!

Dave the Wave September 28th, 2006 04:03 PM

I am with you too Dorothy. The ship IS the destination. The ports are a bonus. To me the cruise is like one big pool party that lasts for days. You can get drunk and not have to drive home or back to your hotel.

I am not burned out yet and don't see it happening soon.

BlueChef September 28th, 2006 06:58 PM

Well, yes it can happen. I got 'cruise burnout' after my first 9-10 cruises. Now that I'm retired, I'm back to cruising a couple of times a year, and it's working out well. I put in too many cruises too close together in my earlier years. LOL

DreadLockCruiser September 28th, 2006 08:07 PM

:D I agree, the ship is the destination.

I am going back on rccl for my next cruise because I am not "surprised" by carnival anymore. I know the menus like the back of my hand, lol.

I don't think I will ever get tired of cruising itself though. I love to travel, hate to fly and am never impressed with hotels. I love the almost all inclusive cruise experience & carefree traveling.

Dorothy September 28th, 2006 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave the Wave
I am with you too Dorothy. The ship IS the destination. The ports are a bonus. To me the cruise is like one big pool party that lasts for days. You can get drunk and not have to drive home or back to your hotel.

I am not burned out yet and don't see it happening soon.

Yeah Dave, that designated driver part is one of the BEST things about cruising!!

dorothy

agentjoey September 28th, 2006 09:15 PM

Burned out? Does a crack head get burned out on crack?
I have symptoms called withdrawals when I don't get my cruise "fix"

Thomas October 2nd, 2006 04:06 PM

I think it's possible to get burned out. My brother in law supposedly is burned out, even though he's only done 3 of them. I think cruising for him is a type of vacation he doesn't prefer. He's uncomfortable in certain settings, such as a formal dinner. He doesn't like tipping anybody. He doesn't like gambling. He doesn't like structured dinner times, etc.

He prefers to have no rules, and as such cruising doesn't suit him well.

Regards,
Thomas

Dorothy October 2nd, 2006 04:21 PM

THOMAS!!!!

So good to hear your "voice"....

dorothy

skymaster October 2nd, 2006 04:47 PM

I have to be a little bit careful, or I "overbook" myself! This year the lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I are doing 6 cruises, most of them only 6 weeks or so apart, so they aren't spread out very much. Even at that, I find that I'm starting to look forward to the next one, only minutes after I get off a cruise.
Burn out? Not here!


Ken

ready2gonow October 2nd, 2006 05:15 PM

Some people, obviously, do get burned out, but they are not on this to state their case! I certainly would not be among them. I don't have the wherewithal to book so many cruises that I would tire of them. Whether the cruise is near or far, I am anxiously anticipating departure. I love the ships and always find plenty to keep me entertained. I always meet new and interesting people, wherever I am!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1