CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Cruise Ship Night Life... (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/321320-cruise-ship-night-life.html)

krunch September 28th, 2006 10:44 PM

Cruise Ship Night Life...

Ok, we have less than 10 days and doing some reading here again. I'm sure ther's lots to do at night on the ship, but I enjoy sitting in a bar that just plays simple recorded 80's, 90's, even dance music, drinking a few beer, and even if there is dancing to that music, all the better.

Is this evening possible on Valor next week?

Krunch

kookylabooka September 28th, 2006 11:05 PM

You will be able to do that and a whole lot more.

Brittany September 28th, 2006 11:57 PM

There is usually recorded music in the disco. There is usually an evening venue with live music and dancing. The band on the Elation was awesome. Their name was the Blood Power Band and they played everything from Guns and Roses to Journey to Nickleback to U2.

A larger ship will have even more things to choose from.

krunch September 29th, 2006 12:33 AM

OK, great, thanx! Sound like good evenings to me!

Krunch

Popeye September 29th, 2006 12:08 PM

Make sure you try the panio bar. They usally play a lot of 70's & 80's tunes.

krunch September 29th, 2006 03:59 PM

70's and 80's music on a piano only? Meh, doesn't sound right to me. That would be like having acoustic Motorhead and Motley Crue.

Krunch

Quote:

Originally Posted by Popeye

Popeye September 29th, 2006 04:04 PM

I don't think you hear much motley or motorhead, unless you bring it. Lots of marley by the pool though. 8)

Quote:

Originally Posted by krunch
70's and 80's music on a piano only? Meh, doesn't sound right to me. That would be like having acoustic Motorhead and Motley Crue.

Krunch

Quote:

Originally Posted by Popeye

krunch September 29th, 2006 04:16 PM

Oh I'm not interested in Motorhead or Motley Crue for cruising music. I was just making an anology that Piano 80's music sounds wrong. It's more of a party type music that requires more instruments than a piano. I'm not a lover of instrumental music.

Krunch

Irish Shark September 29th, 2006 04:38 PM

Quote:

Oh I'm not interested in Motorhead or Motley Crue for cruising music.

Who in the heck are they? :wink:

Popeye September 29th, 2006 05:47 PM

Quote:

Oh I'm not interested in Motorhead or Motley Crue for cruising music. I was just making an anology that Piano 80's music sounds wrong. It's more of a party type music that requires more instruments than a piano. I'm not a lover of instrumental music.

Krunch

If you like Neil diamond, Elton john, Billy Joel, tom Jones, ect, Piano bar is good. My wife said she wouldn’t/t like it, figured it would be rat pack and big band music. Once on board, couldn't keep her out of the place, loved it. Good atmosphere too. Most people in the piano bar were down to earth and very friendly. Even saw smokers leave to have their smoke, even though it was allowed to smoke in the bar. Certainly worth checking out, and not a long walk. Most of the entertainment bars are very close together..

BlueChef October 2nd, 2006 01:09 PM

Krunch, there are many venues for sitting, listening, and dancing. Just check out all the lounges and find one that suits you. I don't think you'll have a problem. Enjoy!

amaretto October 3rd, 2006 03:58 PM

If you like night life, be sure to check out the Lido Deck during the Lido Deck Dance Night! It's great! They have upbeat music and dancing and everything... :D