Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 3rd, 2006, 04:00 PM
Familiar Face

Default Excursions in Costa Maya

My family and grandkids will be sailing 11/13/06 on the Fantasy and we have been looking for an excursion that included shopping and just laying on the beach. All of the ships excursions include something else which makes them expensive. My questions are, are there excursions that can be purchased when we dock in Costa Maya? Since we just want to go to the beach and shop would it be easier to wait and take a taxi? And How safe is this?

Royal Caribbean Enchantment of The Seas -2004
Carnival - Fantasy 11-13-06
Carnival Conquest 10-05-08
Celebrity Equinox 4/01/2011

Read and post cruise reviews

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
We grow old because we stop playing.
NEVER BE THE FIRST TO GROW OLD !!!
LIFE IS A GIFT...UNWRAP IT
Sponsored Links
Old October 3rd, 2006, 04:23 PM
Admiral

If you walk through the port facility and out the back, there will be a bus, taxis, and a kiosk where you can rent a golf cart. They will take you to the village of Majahual. The road follows the coastline. We went all the way through the village (on a golf cart) until we got to the jungle and then we turned back. I don't remember the name of the beach (dang-it!) but it was right across from the small school house at the far end (past all the shops). There was not a charge and there was a bar for beverages. Next to the school was a small hotel and restaurant (I believe, the only one in the villiage (?), and we were able to use their facilities. This next to the beach where one of the snorkling tours finished up for refreshments. We had a great time there. Very clean and very friendly. I highly recommend it. There is shopping the village and also in the port facility. In the port facility there is a swimming pool, shops, resturants, etc., and it is on the water, so the grandkids can "dig in the sand" if they want to. I don't remember whether or not it is suitable for swimming right there. This area may meet your needs. Check it out first.

I REALLY need to find the picture that has that beach name on it! They had a small sign our by the road with a picture of a blue fish on it! aarrgh!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old October 3rd, 2006, 04:31 PM
Familiar Face

Thanks 'readytogonow'. Because I was wondering if the hotels would allow you to use their facilities or beach front. I would love to see any pictures you have.

Royal Caribbean Enchantment of The Seas -2004
Carnival - Fantasy 11-13-06
Carnival Conquest 10-05-08
Celebrity Equinox 4/01/2011

Read and post cruise reviews

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
We grow old because we stop playing.
NEVER BE THE FIRST TO GROW OLD !!!
LIFE IS A GIFT...UNWRAP IT
Old October 3rd, 2006, 05:28 PM
Admiral

Most the road is lined with one small beach after another and we just wanted away from the crowds. We asked about using the facilities, and they said it was o.k. I know the taxis go into the village, but I'm not sure about how you would make arrangements to get one when ready to go back to the ship. You could either pre-arrange it, maybe, or ask someone at the bar to call one for you. The people at the bar were very nice. My DH sat in the swing (hiding from the sun) visiting, while the rest of the family lounged in the beach chairs.

I've REALLY got to find those pictures. Tomorrow, I'm going to get organized .
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13