Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 6th, 2006, 08:54 AM
Passenger

Default Raised seal on BC ??? And if it doesnt??

So if it has to have a raised seal, and your state of birth (OKLAHOMA) does NOT have a raised seal (They have a different method of prevent copy cat's) then what do you do? I can't be reborn in another state, nor can I force the state of Oklahoma to change their BC's just for my trip...

How can anyone (a business etc) force a state to comply with something like a seal as opposed to watermarks - fibers in paper - holograms and the like?

Please advise...

I plan on having DL, BC, PP and anthing else i can think of for ID just in case.
Sponsored Links
Old October 6th, 2006, 09:04 AM
Administrator
Admiral

It does not have to have the raised seal. If it is the official document of the county or state it will be sufficient.

There are U.S. Immigration officials at the pier who will have the final say on any documentation presented. If a check-in agent refuses it then ask for an official to make the final call.

I doubt thisi is the case. Most supervisors and senior people at check-in know official documents and non-official documents.

If you have time, you can get a passport and not worry about it.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old October 6th, 2006, 01:38 PM
Passenger

One other way to check PP is that if the BC was issued say from the Dept of Vital Sats. of your state they flip the copy of the orginial over and put a state stamp on the copy. Also the issuing agent signature is in the stamp to make it certified.

If you have this on the back or at the bottom (must not cover the copy area of the paper) you will be fine. But as Mike says go ahead and get the passport if you have enuff time between now and when you sail and you won't have to worry about this again.........
Old October 6th, 2006, 07:32 PM
Admiral

Hi PurplePrincess,

Unless I'm reading your post wrong , you said you have a "PP" which I'm "assuming" means you have a passport. If so, you don't need anything else. If "PP" means something else, what does it mean?

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old October 6th, 2006, 07:52 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Nice catch Fern:

If PP means passport and it's less than 10 years old, you are fine.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old October 6th, 2006, 09:09 PM
Passenger

Default Yes - PP is PassPort

I just got my BC to get my passport (PP) so I will have it. I was concerned when I started reading posts saying you have to have a raised seal BC which as I stated previously that OK doesn't issue raised seal BC's so I just wanted to make sure I do not get stuck short. I will travel on my first cruise in February 2007 so I do not want to be stuck in an emergency or whatever. I want to have a certified BC, passport and current DL just so I have plenty of valid ID - I do not think you can ever have too many ID's on foreign soil or to use credit cards.

Thanks for helping everyone!
Old October 7th, 2006, 09:25 AM
Passenger

I wouldn't worry to much about the raised seal. If the passport application folks accept it as legit everywhere eles will accept it too.

I can understand your wanting plenty of ID but if you have the passport that is all the ID you'll need. You may take your DL with you on while in port. That and the sail and sign card will get you back on the ship. If you decide that you don't want to carry your passport off the ship you should at least carry a color photocopy of the information page in your passport. If trouble arises and you need your passport and can't get to it the copy will get the proper authorties the numbers that then need to get you a replacement ASAP......

have a good time..........