CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Carnival Pride Balcony Divider (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/321869-carnival-pride-balcony-divider.html)

JanCruiser October 9th, 2006 10:40 PM

Carnival Pride Balcony Divider

We are sailing on the Pride in January and we have booked two adjacent rooms. I am having trouble finding out if the balcony divider between the two rooms can be opened. Anyone with first hand experience?

rianna1411 October 10th, 2006 03:51 AM

We'll be on the Pride Nov.5th with ajoining rooms. Our rooms are 5124 and 5122. Our friends had these rooms and told us the divider does open.
I'll try to post a review when I return.

wakedreams October 10th, 2006 07:42 AM

yes they open between rooms, call the room steward and he will come in and unlock them and open the partitions for you. Then you will have one big balcony.

buffetfan2004 October 10th, 2006 10:39 PM

GO TO PURSER Immediately to unlock balcony divider

here is our experience: On Destiny -the balcony unlocks by the room stewards "special key" - first cruise immediately done.
Second cruise "brought our own key :twisted: (needlenose pliers) and it hooks against one of the windows--50/50 chance one of cabins will have the bedroom window view blocked. The door has to lock somewhere.

Miracle--needed to IMMEDIATELY upon boarding put our name on list to get balcony doors opened. After examination, couldn't for the world figure out how they unlocked, nor would hold--- a huge contraption called a "boot" like the kind they use to lock tires for illegal parking was installed by maintenance crew. And reason to get immediate request they only do so many balconies either because of labor involved or they only have so many boots. This boot locked onto railing, so one panel actually opend 45 degrees like a closet.
Not sure how your panels will unlock but:

So my suggestion--get to purser right away and request balcony opening.

We used are open balcony freely--great thing to bring--post it notes to put inside on glass door for another--like sleeping, went to lido etc.

JanCruiser October 12th, 2006 12:57 AM

Thanks for the info everyone. My first stop will be the Pursers Desk. Enjoy your cruises.

sctiger November 2nd, 2006 12:16 PM

My wife and I will be on the Pride sailing Jan.21,07.Wondered if this was your sailing date?

MrPete November 2nd, 2006 12:24 PM

Yes, you must go to the pursers desk to request this on any SPIRIT class ship, with both set of room occupants (unless you're one family).

They will send a maintenance man to perform, if they approve, by the following day.

Grandy November 2nd, 2006 01:34 PM

We sailed on the Legend in April and had balcony opened . The 6 cabins on our left were traveling together and 1 cabin on our right was with them. They asked our permission to open both sides of our balcony and we said sure.. It was great ..one long long balcony. Made lots of new friends too. The request was made at the pursers desk.