Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 10th, 2006, 10:59 PM
Passenger

Default Planning for ext family cruise

So I think I've read this somewhere in the past, but please refresh or correct me if I'm wrong.
We are planning a family cruise (grandparents, my sisters and their kids, and my kids and hubby) The sisters have small kids that they don't mind sharing a room with, but my kids will be 13 and 11 at the time of this proposed cruise and I want to book them into a separate room from us.
Do I have to book one room under my name and the second under my husband's name?

Then once on board Carnival really doesn't enforce having an adult in the room? We want to book a balcony room for us, and an interior across the hall for the kids. We plan on using baby monitors in the room, and walkie talkies for around the ship.

Am I on track with this?
Sponsored Links
Old October 10th, 2006, 11:16 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Sunni,

You are correct. Book each room with an adult, and then decide who will stay were, once you get on board.

Go to Pursers desk. Tell them you need extra keys, and for what rooms, and they will take care of it. BE SURE THAT ROOMS HAVE BEEN CONNECTED PAPER WISE.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old October 11th, 2006, 12:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

When we booked our cruise on the Ecstasy my TA told me that if the kids were directly across the hall or next door you did not need an adult booked in each room. As it so happened, we had an aft oceanview and my kids were just around the corner in the closest interior upper/lower, so we did have to book an adult in each room. Since the Ecstasy has separate room keys from their Sail & Signs, we just traded keys, but I have heard the Purser's desk will switch Sail and Signs for you no problem.
Old October 11th, 2006, 12:48 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

They don't actually switch cards, they will give you a S%S card, that is programed to do nothing but open the door. Remember do not put room cards in the same pocket as cell phones. Cell phone will erase info on S&S card. This is new info I just learned, confirmed by Carnival.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old October 11th, 2006, 07:57 PM
Passenger

Thank you all! I'm sure I will have more questions along the way, since I seem to have been nominated as "cruise director" for this family get away