Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 11th, 2006, 03:33 PM
Passenger

Default Transportation from cruiseship to Orient Beach question?

I will be arriving by cruiseship to St Maarten in Dec this year. How much is cab/van fare for one person to Orient Beach for a day. Will cab or shared van ride driver be there to drive me back from the beach later in the afternoon.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old October 11th, 2006, 04:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

We was there in June 1st of all, that is one of the most beautiful beaches we have been on. Now, when you get off ship walk thru gates to the right are a bunch of taxi's. I think it was 10 dollars the more people the less it was. If you ask for them to come back they will, but we got one right from the beach, they are there all the time. No problem. Try the parasailing it was wonderful!
Old October 11th, 2006, 05:39 PM
Admiral

You are going to love Orient Beach. Beautiful beach, water, restaurants, bars, lounge chairs, water sports. We shared a van that held 8 people and the cost, I believe, was $10/person one way. We just walked out thru the gate and there were lots of taxis available. All the passengers agreed on a pick-up time and our van driver was there on the dot to pick us up. If you don't want to do this, there will be plenty of taxis available to bring you back to the ship. This was our best day ever!!!
Old October 12th, 2006, 03:06 PM
Passenger

Default Thanks!

For the info, it will be my 2nd time there 8hrs of heaven!