Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 16th, 2006, 12:25 AM
Passenger

Default Shuttle from Orlando to Port Canaveral

Can anyone tell me where to find shuttle info from Orlando to Port Canaveral Please?

In Jacksonville there was a shuttle that looked like it was affiliated with carnival and worked out well. I'm hoping there's something similar and can make a reservation...? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old October 16th, 2006, 08:39 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I have not done this, because I have not been lucky enough to cruise out of that port yet, but check into renting a car. I have heard several people say, this was the way to go.

Good Luck

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old October 16th, 2006, 12:32 PM
Captain

We just cruised out of Port Canaveral recently. You will see Carnival workers in the area where you pick up your luggage at the airport. If you haven't already purchased a ticket, there is a place to purchase one. The price is $58 per person round trip to Port Canaveral. Carnival uses Mears buses for this. They will show you where to wait for the bus.

We have been told it is cheaper to rent a car, especially if you have more than two people. There are car rental booths at the airport. We just decided it would probably be easier to take the bus.

Libragirl (Mary)

Have a great time on your cruise!!!
Old October 16th, 2006, 09:10 PM
Passenger

Default orlando to port canaveral

my wife and I and 2 friends are sailing on the glory nov.11,2006
and are using legacy limos for our transfers. the round trip cost is $175
plus a 20% tip with a grocery store stop if wanted. if u have more than two people this is the way to go. they meet you at the airport and take you to the ship,no waiting for the bus to fill up and load all the luggage
and on your return they are waiting for you at the pier again no waiting.
If you give a $25 tip each way it comes to $225 total. transfers through
carnival would cost 4 people $232 and you have to wait for the bus to fill up and also when you get to the airport you have all the people to contend with going through security. 1-800-939-8227 is the toll free
number for them. any other questions reply back to this
Old October 17th, 2006, 01:19 AM
Passenger

also if you need it here is the website for legacy limos
www.legacytowncar.com any other questions feel free
to e-mail me or reply to this
Old March 19th, 2007, 08:03 PM
Beginner

Default Orlando Transportation & Tours - A Drivers perspective!!

I AM A REAL PERMITTED/INSURED DRIVER NOT THE OWNER OF A TRANSPORTATION COMPANY!!!!! (I am on the drivers manifest at Port Canaveral and permitted by The City of Orlando)

I have been driving Vans and Town Cars for Orlando Transportation & Tours Inc. for almost 2 years now. I personally have transferred probably about
- 7000 people. (5 transfers of 14 people per week = 70 people per week x 52weeks = 3640 people a year x2!)
- That's a lot of Dads, Moms, Grandmas, Grandpas, Sisters, Brothers, Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins, Front/Rear facing child seats, booster seats, bathroom stops, Walmart stops, Drug store stops..... and more!

Wouldn't this qualify me as an expert in providing transportation for people between the Orlando International Airport and Port Canaveral Cruise Terminals?

I work would only work for a company that takes 4 things VERY, VERY SERIOUSLY. - AND
IN THIS ORDER:

1. Reliability - (if your driver never shows up, NOTHING else matters)

2. Safety - (Safety Conscious Drivers with excellent driving records, Child safety seats Working seat belts etc. - You should EXPECT to get to your destination in one piece.

3. Comfort - This is often debated by level of priority over #4 in that many people are willing to sacrifice comfort for affordability to .... save a buck... the truth is YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE TO!

4. Affordability - There is a good sized competitive market in the Orlando Area for Transportation between MCO and Port Canaveral, The company I work for has the lowest rates I know of!
(I am often told by other drivers "I don't know how you can do port runs for such a small amount of money.. I'll be honest.... PEOPLE TIP ME WELL - BECAUSE I PROVIDE THEM EXELLENT SERVICE! - I do pretty good)

You can find the company I work for here:
http://orlando-airport-shuttles.com

- or you call 1-866-351-9991 - Ttell them that you read this post on Cruisemates and that it was written by Mr. Sandman
- MY REAL NAME IS PAUL SANDMAN
Old March 19th, 2007, 08:37 PM
Familiar Face

This is good news for me too. I was going to purchase ground transfers through Carnival for $70. I thought $35 on way was good.'

I see a posting you can buy at the airport for $58.00? Is this correct?

Is this a RT rate?

PJ

Sailing on Glory on 09/29/07
Old March 19th, 2007, 08:59 PM
Beginner

How many passengers do you have in your party?

check these rates - http://www.orlando-airport-shuttles.com/Port_Canaveral

I AM A REAL PERMITTED/INSURED DRIVER NOT THE OWNER OF A TRANSPORTATION COMPANY!!!!! (I am on the drivers manifest at Port Canaveral and permitted by The City of Orlando)

I have been driving Vans and Town Cars for Orlando Transportation & Tours Inc. for almost 2 years now. I personally have transferred probably about
- 7000 people. (5 transfers of 14 people per week = 70 people per week x 52weeks = 3640 people a year x2!)
- That's a lot of Dads, Moms, Grandmas, Grandpas, Sisters, Brothers, Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins, Front/Rear facing child seats, booster seats, bathroom stops, Walmart stops, Drug store stops..... and more!

- or you call 1-866-351-9991 - Ttell them that you read this post on Cruisemates and that it was written by Mr. Sandman
- MY REAL NAME IS PAUL SANDMAN
Old March 19th, 2007, 10:09 PM
Passenger

I am recieving conflicting answers.

I heard that if you take a taxi it chargers for the ride. So if you pack it with 1 or 4 people.. you pay the same amount.

On the shuttle side.. they charge per person.

When I was in california, the shuttle was like 12 bucks to my hotel. When I took the taxi back it was 30+. Of course that was by myself, so i'm curious because if the taxi ride is per group and not per person.. then it would be worth it
Old March 19th, 2007, 10:27 PM
Beginner

Default All depends on defining "shuttle"

Most private transportation companies use the term shuttle in their advertising.

The company I work for doesn't really provide "shared ride"

the rates are set according to the amount of people in your group...

like 1-4 - can be transferred in a Towncar - (although more than 3 canbe kinda cramped unless 1 or more are children)

5-7 can fit comfortably in an SUV like the Ford Excursion (with luggage - very nice)

up to 14 can fit in a 14 passenger van with a trailer attached for luggage or 10 with the rear seat removed for luggage

see rates here: http://www.orlando-airport-shuttles....Canaveral.html

This may better explain
- I should research companies providing service to the other ports in Florida etc.
Old March 19th, 2007, 11:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

I just rented a car through Trifty. It cost about $48 one way there and $58 on the way back. I figure that for about a hundred dollars it is worth it since there are four of us. I just called them and told them I wanted to rent at the airport and drop off at Port Canaveral. They have a free shuttle from the rental agency to the port itself.

09/29/07 Disney Magic
2005 Norwegian Sea
2004 Carnival Inspiration
Old March 21st, 2007, 08:26 PM
Passenger

Next year, I plan to rent a car from Orlando to Port Canaveral/Cocoa Beach, and probably stay in a hotel in Cocoa Beach the night before. Some prices to consider...it's probably going to cost about $30-$35 per person one direction (60-70 for two people). At least this is what I found so far when looking, and if someone knows of a better price, please let me know.

However--renting a midsized car (and we get rental car discount through my employer, so my prices might be a bit lower than normal fares)...and these are base fares, add about $7 for taxes/fees, probably.

Thrifty--33.49
Enterprise--31.50
Hertz--42.00
National--39.00
Budget--@60.00 (guessing on the price as I didn't have my discount code when I put that one in)
Avis--38.00
Dollar--apparently no drop off point in Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral

So even with two people, renting a car seems to be cheaper than the shuttles.

Caribbean Hotel Reviews

Carnival Victory 2/07--Western Caribbean