Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 18th, 2006, 10:01 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to mteague
Default Zip Line Original Canopy Tour in Jamaica

Has anyone on this site experienced this excursion? I'm thinking it would be a blast. Please give me your opinions and let me know who should and should not take this tour!
Sponsored Links
Old October 18th, 2006, 10:32 AM
First Mate

My son took this on our last cruise a year ago, and had a fun time. He raved about it so much we'll all be doing it in Belize on our next cruise.

Dana
Old October 18th, 2006, 02:43 PM
Passenger

My wife and I (36 and 27) did this last itme in Ocho Rios and we liked it. My wife said it was the most exciting excursion. I liked it but wouldn't call it the best excursion (I liked the Stingray Sandbar in GC the most)
Old October 18th, 2006, 03:10 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

It was a blast!! We did it last month while on Freedom and our stop was in Montego Bay. Didn't know what to do there and that looked interesting. There is a good deal of walking with this excursion, so wear some good shoes for that, some of the rocks along the way were also slippery. Never did anything like that, was tons of fun!

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 19th, 2006, 10:09 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to mteague

Thanks a bunch! We are traveling with people ranging from age 16-55. Our group is at 75 right now, but that should increase next month when it is time to put up or shut up!

I happen to be one of the older members and didn't know if I could do this excursion. Roller coasters scare the daylights out of me. I try to ride them with my eyes open and with my eyes closed, I don't know which is worse. Parasailing was a blast! Felt like I was floating on a cloud! Hopefully this will be somewhere in between.

Stingray City was a good experience, but "been there, done that". Funny thing happened on that one. When we arrived at the sandbar and got in the water, you could suddenly see a MASS of HUGE stingrays headed straight for you! The water was so clear, it seemed as if they were coming from miles away. Daughter, age 12 at the time, began to climb me like a tree. I shoved her away and told her to save herself as I made my way to the boat. After we calmed down, we ventured back in the water.

Another question....do you have time to do this excursion and go to Margaritaville? I think I'll need a great meal and margarita or two!
Old October 19th, 2006, 01:53 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi MS,
Yes, you should have time to hit Margarettaville AFTER you do the tour..:-)

Message Boards Moderator