Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 18th, 2006, 11:03 PM
Beginner

Default Criuising on the Triumph Western October 28th, 2006

Hello all ,we have been reading the post for a few days, we just finished doing the funpass on line and now we are VERY excited........ This is my 2nd cruise, but my family's first cruise.. This is the first time I have cruised with Carnival.. We were wondering if anyone is on the same cruise as us?? Is the food as bad as some have written??? How are the shows? Is it ALL kid friendly? First cruise with our 3 kids, ages 11,10,4. They are very excited.. How many outfits for a 7 day cruise, it was easy to pack when it was just for me, now I feel like I may have packed to much?? How formal do the kids/ adults have to dress? I know the Princess cruise I was on in March of 2000 we dresses up every night for dinner? What about Canival??? Help us be at ease..... Excited in Wisconsin....
Sponsored Links
Old October 19th, 2006, 11:33 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via Yahoo to Tompo8190

Hi there...
Take good care of the ship, I'll be getting on the day you are getting off!

We are cruising with our kids ages 3 & 7. They love Camp Carnival and it gives mom and dad a much needed break without feeling guilty. I will have my kids attend only one of the formal nights, the other night they will be the camp. As for dress, you will see everything from Dockers to tuxedos on men and boys and floor length gowns to pantsuits or sundresses for little girls. My son will wear an oxford shirt with a Spiderman clip on tie he picked out but no jacket. My daughter will wear a dress that will double for her Easter dress next year.

The shows in the main lounge following dinners are considered PG I would say. Nothing vulgar, but maybe some revealing costumes. Nothing they won't see on TV during Prime Time. There are adult only shows at midnight and they are usually in one of the smaller lounges.

You will have a great time, in my opinion cruising is the best family vacation because you have more time to spend with the kids instead of driving here or there to attractions or standing in long lines for a 2 minute ride!

What cabin are you in?

Bon Voyage!!
Old October 23rd, 2006, 07:26 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to AdeleMc

Hi, I'm sailing this weekend too. My son is 4, so he will probably meet your kid at Camp Carniva. My son has been on 9 cruises, I just put him in khaki pants and a polo for dinner, except formal night when I dress him up, but mostly for pictures. This year being Halloween, we all have matching costumes picked out - Power Rangers See ya on board!
Old October 26th, 2006, 07:40 AM
Beginner

We'll be there with you! Only our 3yo daughter will be with us. For dinner she usually wears a sundress, except on formal nights she will wear a nicer church type dress. Don't forget to pack a Halloween costume. Serenity will be Ariel.