Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 22nd, 2006, 02:15 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to hap45ms45
Default Carival Miracle 10/29/06 sailing

My wife and friends will be sailing on Miracle on Sunday 10-29 out of Port of Tampa. Any other crusiemates sailing that day? Hope to see you on board, its our first crusie. My friends have cruised before, so we all are excited like its our first .
I have heard many great reviews about Miracle and we're ready to experience it for ourselves.

See you on board Dan, Kathy, Gino and Ginger
Sponsored Links
Old October 22nd, 2006, 04:41 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Carival Miracle 10/29/06 sailing

Quote:
Originally Posted by hap45ms45
My wife and friends will be sailing on Miracle on Sunday 10-29 out of Port of Tampa. Any other crusiemates sailing that day? Hope to see you on board, its our first crusie. My friends have cruised before, so we all are excited like its our first .
I have heard many great reviews about Miracle and we're ready to experience it for ourselves.

See you on board Dan, Kathy, Gino and Ginger
Hey, I just sent you a PM (private message) that I hope will help.
Have a great cruise.

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND
Old October 22nd, 2006, 07:29 PM
Admiral

I sent you a PM, too !

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old October 23rd, 2006, 11:04 AM
Passenger

Me, me I am coming, myself, DH, 2 teenagers and the inlaws.

Can not wait, I have heard nothing but great things about this ship.

Are you traveling with any teens, the other boards I check have no teens cruising, I have a feeling mine might be the only kids on board.

Do you have any excursions booked? We are mostly doing ruins.

Can't wait.

kim
Old October 23rd, 2006, 07:44 PM
Admiral

We just got off this ship on the 15th and it was our best cruise (except Alaska...and how do you beat Alaska).

If anyone in your family is a singer .... look out!! Usually the karaoke and piano bar run at the same time. Not on the Miracle. You can karaoke from 8:30 or 9PM until 11:30 or so and then go do the piano bar until 1:30AM.

Adam is the karaoke host and he is lots of fun. His Mom and I are the same age...so we really bonded. (tell him his Cruise Mom says HI!)

Michael in the piano bar is a sweetheart. Watch out ladies, he will steal your heart. (Tell him Aretha Franklin said HI and to learn "Islands in the Stream!!!)

The food was good. The staff was excellent. Angie is the director of the Club O2 and she is wonderful. Laura and Phil are 2 of your social hosts that have more energy than the Energizer Bunny. They are both funny as can be!! Phil is still new (that will be his 5th week I think) so go easy on him. He is a real cutie.

We had never been to Belize or Costa Maya before.

Belize is still getting its feet wet in the cruise ship business. The general population there is very poor...so they are going to have to learn to be less aggressive, if they want the tourist to feel comfortable. I would stay inside the fence, if you are not on an organized tour. I would recommend a ship tour, if you are doing something that is going to cut you close on time.

If you just want a trip around the city (maybe to the tour) and past some ruins...you can always grab a tour with Gilly. He is inside the fence at the Wet Lizard (restaurant and bar). You turn right as you get off the tender pier and you will see the sign. Belize is the only English speaking country in Central America....lanuage is not a problem. You can email Gillly at gillytours@yahoo.com if you want to discuss some plans with him. Or you can wait and grab a tour with him when you arrive.

When you arrive, there will be about 5 tour operators trying to get your attention. I only talked with Gilly (for about 30 minutes), so I don't know how the others operate. I told Gilly that the 2 most important things that tourist want is safety and to get back to the ship on time. Of course, he and the other tour operators are wanting people to be comfortable with Belize immediately....but I told him unfortunately it takes time to build that trust. Yhonney has done an excellent job of building a good reputation for folks who want to do the cave-tubing and he is a lot less expensive than the ship tour.

Costa Maya is what I would describe as a sleepy little beach village. The people there are more laid back. You can shop around the pier and swim in the salt water pool there or you can pay $3 a person and grab the bus into town (not very far). It is safe to do that at Costa Maya. It is $3 to get back to the port.

No matter what port you go to....be sure to keep your watch on SHIP TIME. The Miracle did not change times from Eastern to Central and back again when we were on board...so the ship time and port time will be different.

Grand Cayman now has a Jimmy Buffet place that you can not miss. It is right across from where the tender lands.

Cozumel is as wonderful as ever. We just spent the day at Paradise Beach. We are going back in December on the Fantasy and I am thinking about surprising hubby and oldest son with a charter fishing trip. Island Jim does it for $400.00 for 4 hours. In December it is best to bottom fish...since the big 4 sport fish aren't running then. But you will still get fish with a lot of fight!!

Have a great cruise folks...wish I was going with ya!!!!!

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND