Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 22nd, 2006, 10:14 PM
Beginner

Default Never done November cruise - what to pack?

I've only cruised once and that was in the summer. My husband and I are going on the Sensation Nov 2nd to the Bahamas and I was wondering what kinds of temperatures to expect and what kind of clothes to pack? Also, it's only a 3 night cruise so will we have a formal night? Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Old October 22nd, 2006, 10:38 PM
Familiar Face

Hi! I'm set to sail 11/06/06 on the Inspiration out of Tampa, going to grand cayman/cozumel. I went to a web site that showed the weather for that time of year. I think it's around 80-85. Should be the same in your area. Just click on google and type in something like (weather/bahamas). As for the formal night, I don't know. This will be my first cruise (5 day) we will have 1 formal night. If you go to the carnival cruise web site (carnival.com) you should be able to find out. As for what to wear, from what I have read, light weight clothing. shorts,tropical shirts, hat, and don't forget the sunscreen! Good Luck! Have a great time! This will be my first cruise! Can't wait!

Pam
Old October 22nd, 2006, 10:52 PM
Beginner

Thanks for your reply, Pam.
I went on the Grand Cayman/Cozumel cruise in 2002 when it was on the Jubilee. It was a great trip!! We went swimming with the stingrays in Grand Cayman and snorkeling in Cozumel. I went in May so it was definitely warm. I hope you have a great time!
Old October 22nd, 2006, 11:27 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Hi Guys,

Let me see if I can help. Cruising during the winter months can be tricky. You are of course going to have your tropical breezes, and down right hot at times, but plan on some cooler evenings. A sweater or light jacket might come in handy. Also even in the summer, some of the rooms on the ship get cool.

On a cruise 5 nights or less has one formal night.

Hope this helps.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old October 23rd, 2006, 12:50 PM
Passenger

We just returned from Western Carb. and it was very HOT!! You couldn't even walk across the deck in the afternoon without shoes. Of course the diningroom and theaters are always cold so take a sweater.