CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Orlando to Port Canaveral (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/322551-orlando-port-canaveral.html)

OzzyMom October 23rd, 2006 09:16 PM

Orlando to Port Canaveral

Quick question for those of you who have sailed out of Port Canaveral. I plan to book a flight into Orlando which arrives at 1:30 PM. The ship departs at 4:00 PM. Will I have enough time to get my baggage, catch the shuttle and get to the ship on time? I tend to be a worry-wart when it comes to these things. Do you think that is ample time (provided the flight is timely)?

Your expertise is appreciated. Thank you! :D

OzzyMom

Aussie Jan October 23rd, 2006 09:44 PM

Hi Ozzymom,

If it's at all possible I wouldn't leave that short a time to get there.
It takes minimum 45 minutes travelling time and you would need to know what time the last shuttle left Orlando.
I used this service in July and even though travelling time was 45mins, it took at least 1 and half hours getting people and baggage loaded onto the bus.
Hope this is of some help. Happy cruising! :)

Aussie Jan

Potter October 24th, 2006 05:53 AM

When is your cruise??? We are doing the same in Jan., we will fly in a little earlier, and have the shuttle to the port thru Carnival all set up. Please let me know if your doing this before Jan how it went. Thanks, Lynn

Nicki October 27th, 2006 12:18 PM

Hi Ozzymom! Our TA told us that we shouldn't get to the ship any later than 2:30. I would try to get an earlier flight just to be on the safe side. For our cruise next Sept. we are flying in the day before just in case. Hope this helps!

Irish Shark October 27th, 2006 12:32 PM

Re: Orlando to Port Canaveral

Quote:

Originally Posted by OzzyMom
I tend to be a worry-wart when it comes to these things. Do you think that is ample time (provided the flight is timely)?

OzzyMom, that is one thing that I would definitely worry about. Too close for my comfort.

Can you fly the day before?

OzzyMom November 1st, 2006 09:44 PM

Thanks for all of your feedback. I think we will fly in the day before and save ourselves a lot of worry! :wink:

Thanks, again, for your help!

wakedreams November 2nd, 2006 12:14 AM

I would highly recommend flying in the day before the cruise. I would also Highly recommend staying in Cocoa Beach we stayed there prior to our cruise in January, and it was lovely and relaxing. A great way to relax and unwind before the cruise even starts.

skymaster November 2nd, 2006 08:12 AM

It's a good call to fly in the day before. With your current schedule, everything, and I mean everything would have to work perfectly in order for you to get aboard the ship. Make it a wonderful trip, instead of a stress filled one, and fly in the day before!

Ken

Dorothy November 2nd, 2006 10:47 AM

We are flying in the night before, taking Art's Shuttle to our hotel (Radisson Resort at the Port) for a relaxing day before we sail!

dorothy