Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 25th, 2006, 09:10 PM
Passenger

Default Spa Facilities on the ship Valor

We are going on our first cruise in March on the Valor. Does anyone know about the SPA facilities? Also what are good shore excursions in Naussau, St Thomas and St. Maarten?
Thanks.
mkobrnc
Sponsored Links
Old October 26th, 2006, 09:43 AM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to ginnyanne Send a message via Yahoo to ginnyanne

We were on the Valor about a year ago. I had a facial and a pedicure. They were both wonderful, loved the facial. I didn't poke around too much in the spa to check out the hot tub or anything like that. All the girls were extremely nice, and the spa was very relaxing.
As far as shore excursions go, hubby and I were big losers and didn't book any. But in St. Thomas we hopped on an open air bus and we went to the top of a mountain to this restuarant/store thing and then we went to Magens Bay. I think that those are both excursions that you can book and I'm sorry that I don't remember how much we spent. The beach was beautiful, absolutely breathtaking, the only downside are the jelly fish. If you don't mind getting out every now and then when they get close it's fine. I can send you a link to some pictures if you like. Hope that helps a little bit.
Old November 1st, 2006, 11:00 PM
Passenger

Thanks for the info on the spa. I love facials and massages. We are planning on booking our shore excursions ahead of time.
mkobrnc
Old November 2nd, 2006, 12:01 AM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to wakedreams

Check out the spa specials on PORT days, they always offer great discounts on days that you are in port, you can book something early in the morning, and return to the ship to enjoy a wonderful foot massage.

Port excursions - I love Atlantis resort in the Bahamas I booked this excursion through Disney, and we LOVED IT. The beach was beautiful, the resort was unbelievable and the shark pond and rope bridge are incredible. I am not sure if Carnival offers something similar.

St Maarten, the most beautiful beach is Orient Beach - and you dont' need an excursion to get there and enjoy it. Just grab a taxi, then rent a beach chair for the day.

St Thomas - take the sky ride to paradise point, then check out one of the beaches. They have many to choose from. We are doing the Trunk Bay snorkling excursion through Carnival.
Carnival Triumph 11/2008
Carnival Celebration 10/2007
Carnival Victory 11/2006
Disney Wonder 1/2006
Carnival Legend 10/2005
Carnival Victory 3/2005
Carnival Triumph 8/2004
Carnival Sensation 6/2002
Old November 2nd, 2006, 07:51 PM
Passenger

We just got off the Valor in September. We actually stayed in the floor to ceiling windowed cabins that our on the Spa Deck. One morning the kids slammed my hand in the bathroom door and I decided at that point that I had earned a trip to the salon. I had a fantastic makeover.

We have been to Nassau 2X. The first time we went to Ardastra Gardens. They have trained flamingoes and it was a riot. This past time we did the Stingray Encounter and it was fantastic.

In St. Thomas we went through V.I. Eco-Tours and did a family snorkel and pirate hunt. It was incredible. The best part of our trip. They are a fantastic outfit and took such good care of us. I HIGHLY recommend them.

In St. Maarten we had booked the SEE & Sea island tour but it got canceled. The kids wanted to go to Camp Carnival so we just took the water taxi and did some shopping...
Old November 3rd, 2006, 07:20 AM
Captain

Does anyone know about the SPA facilities?

There's 2 "spas" onboard. One is a pay beauty spa for the girls which I can't speak to. I'd scare a bulldog off a meat-wagon. The other is the free exercise/steam/sauna/whirlpool area that you'd be crazy not to use. Just go to the desk, turn in your sail-n-sign and they'll give you a locker key. Plenty of fresh towels, showers, sinks etc inside ALL FREE! ALSO, don't miss the chocolate buffet which they have aboard all Conquest class ships. It's outta this world, but I don't recall it bein advertised you GOTTA ASK! You picked a great ship + intinerary, you're gonna be BLOWN AWAY!

We are doing the Trunk Bay snorkling excursion through Carnival.

I'd appreciate hearin bout this when you return. We booked the same excursion and my GF wants to know how to dress.
Glory (eastern) 12/2006
Destiny 01/2009