CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   sign and sail (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/322787-sign-sail.html)

JKK October 29th, 2006 11:02 PM

sign and sail

I have read where if you pay cash for your sign and sail it's 200.00 deposit pp, for a 5-8 day cruise.My question is that 200.00 pp each day ,so the total would be for 2 of us 2,000.00 or --400.00 for the 5 days total then put more money in as needed.? Also do you need extra cash for anything else on board?

Luanne Russo October 29th, 2006 11:07 PM

Wooooo Let's see if we can set this straight. When you get your sign and sail card, you may put as much or as little on it. There is no set amount. What we do is use a credit card. Anything going on our sail and sign is taken from our credit card. If you want to use cash, you can put that on your account, and when it starts getting low, they will contact you, and you can put more on. What amount you need depends on your spending habits.

Luanne

JKK October 29th, 2006 11:22 PM

Thanks Luanne

We wanted to use cash so it would all be paid for when we got back,but this being a first time we were having a little trouble understanding how much we needed.

Luanne Russo October 29th, 2006 11:46 PM

Okay JJK let's do it this way.

tell us how many people, and what you plan to do during the day. Are you a drinker, other than Tea, juice, water? How much of a drinker. Do you play Bingo? Do you plan to shop? Are you going to pay for the tips before you go, or are you having them put on you S&S card? That wii give us an idea. We will all put our heads together, and figure out how much you might need.

JKK October 29th, 2006 11:59 PM

money

ok, It's 2 of us, we neither one drink , maybe a glass of wine,I do want to shop I know it will be 300.00 or so for that, I guess the tips will be on the s+s card,gamble some, not really big on that, it's a 5 day cruise ,3 ports, We think maybe 1 shore trip that we book through the cruise ,prob. glass bottom boat. We drink alot of tea and coffee,so soda's of beer not a big thing.

kookylabooka October 30th, 2006 12:13 AM

According to Carnival the minimum deposit on a Sail & Sign cash account is $200 for a 5 to 8 day cruise.That is PP for the entire trip.All onboard purchases are done with your S&S account.

wakedreams November 2nd, 2006 01:11 AM

I have set up my sign and sail both ways. Cash deposit up front is more economical, because I was more careful with my spending and I spent less money overall. However, it was a huge pain, I had to go directly to the pursers desk and stand in line to make my initial deposit and set up the account. Once you go over your deposit, they send you a notification under your door to stand in line at the pursers desk to deposit more cash in order to use your card. The credit card is much easier, and I relax and enjoy my vacation without worrying about how much I have spent, but ...I always spend more because it is easier. I will do the credit card method from now on though, it is just to convenient.

Dorothy November 2nd, 2006 11:52 AM

On Carnival, you WILL have a $10 per person/per day charge show up on the very first day for tips. You have the option of taking off this amount and tipping the old-fashioned way, as well as raising or lowering the amount.

If you secure your sign and sail by using a credit card, there IS a hold placed on that credit card for about $200. At the end of the cruise, the amount you spent on your sign and sail is billed directly to your card, unless you settle up at the pursers with cash.

And yes, you can also choose to use a cash deposit instead of a credit card to secure your sign and sail

dorothy