CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Carnival Glory, Camp Carnival and dining question (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/323028-carnival-glory-camp-carnival-dining-question.html)

scgalloways November 5th, 2006 11:37 AM

Carnival Glory, Camp Carnival and dining question

We are taking our third cruise, but first with the newest addition to our family. Our daughter will be 22 months old when we cruise and I am concerned about dining with her. She has very little patience and she's still learning to feed herself so she makes a huge mess. We didn't realize that Camp Carnival wouldn't allow her to participate until she's 2, but we did find out that if they are under 2 you can pay for babysitting within the camp carnival toddler area. My question is, some other boards for other ships stated that the babysitting at Camp Carnival was not offered for those scheduled to dine at 6 pm, but only if dining at 7:30 pm. Does anyone know about this? If that's the case then now would be the time for us to switch our dining time so we could feed our daughter at one of the buffett or less formal dining areas, drop at Camp Carnival and then pick her up after dinner and/or a show. Please help if you know the answer.

thanks
Lynn and Rob and family

Luanne Russo November 5th, 2006 12:44 PM

I do not know the answer. Could you possibly feed her before, then only finger foods once you get into the dining room? I would call Carnival if I were you.

Luanne

Fern November 5th, 2006 08:22 PM

Hi scgalloways,

From the Carnival site (which I'm sure you've read):

Quote:

Is Camp Carnival Available for Children Under 2?

Camp Carnival is unable to accept children Under 2 years during activity times but we do offer babysitting services for you within Camp Carnival. Babysitting services for Under 2's are available each evening from 10pm-3am as well as our Family Play Times on Sea Days and during freeplay times on port days. All babysitting services for Under 2's are charged at babysitting price ($6.00 an hour). During Family Play Times on Sea Days parents with Under 2's are welcome to stay with their under 2's at no charge.
It looks like you'd have to wait until 10 PM for the babysitting service. I think that Carnival will probably seat you with other parents and children, so maybe a "huge mess" won't be a problem LOL !

I agree with Luanne (no surprise there!) that you should call Carnival for a definate answer.

Georgiagirl567 June 22nd, 2014 10:44 PM

That's all different now . As far as I know .. Camp is only for 2-11 they do offer dinner on most nights starting at 6 pm on lido . You just have your card and sign them in :)

briguy June 23rd, 2014 07:41 PM

That same 22 month old is now ten years old...