Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 7th, 2006, 01:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Renting Car (Port Canaveral)

Need to rent a car the day we get off the Ship (Glory) at the port, then return it to the airport in Orlando a few days later. Help, who do I call?? I've been to hot wire and they only have rental's at the airport. Any advice??? Thank You, Lynn
[img]http://www.cruisemates.com/countdown.php?month=11&year=2011&day=30&hour=16:00[img]Carnaval Freedom
Sponsored Links
Old November 7th, 2006, 03:27 PM
Cruise Maniac

My wife and I went with Enterprise Car Rental. They pickeds us up at the port, drove us to the rental location a few miles away, gave us the keys and we were on our way very quickly. Now to book the one way rental from Port Canaveral to Orlando or any other Florida location you must CALL to make the reservation, you cannot make it online, but they will still email you a confirmation letter to bring with you.
Old November 12th, 2006, 02:13 AM
Cruise Maniac

any time i cruise out of Port canaveral I use Avis since I am Avis Preferred. I always make one way rentals online.

The Avis office is listed as being in Cape Canaveral. The Avis code for this location is P3F.

When you get off the ship the Avis shuttle is usually sitting there waiting. Just hop on and it will take you to the Avis location. It's maybe 2 miles away.

Budget is a little closer and basically operates the same way. Don't know about making online reservations with Budget though.

There is no drop off fee with either rental agency.

Bill
Old November 15th, 2006, 04:55 PM
Passenger

I use Budget and book on line. Also, while they do have a shuttle (free) I take a taxi and pay the 6 bucks. The first time I used the shuttle and had to get on a queue. It took almost a hour to get to the agency. There were 3 shuttles going back and forth but they picked passenger and brought them back to the ship.
I guess if you get to the shuttle first it's not a problem but we are never in a rush to get off the ship.
Old November 20th, 2006, 09:57 AM
Cruise Maniac

We are renting from Thrifty, did it online. Did one ways from both Orlando to Cape Canaveral and from Cape Canaveral to Orlando.

Carnival Spirit - Mexican Riviera
Carnival Glory 2007
RCCL Navigator of the Sea 2004
Carnival Elation 2002