Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 13th, 2006, 02:52 PM
Captain

Default Carnival rep

Can anyone recommend the best ( to you) Carnival sales person to book with.........
Any help appreciated
Sponsored Links
Old November 13th, 2006, 02:57 PM
Passenger

Thomas Roberts, hands down. This is the 2nd cruise he's booked for me and when I call in I don't even have to tell him who I am. As soon as I say hello he comes back with "Hi Lonni" Now that's pretty good.

***edited to remove phone number***

He will work with/for you. Just let him know what you want. He knows his business.

Tell him I told you to call.

Lonni
Sensation 2007
Sensation 2008
Old November 13th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Captain

Shay Hartman for 3 times, great personality & will work with you....
I believe that Carnival has a computer/phone system that bring your account on their screen before they answer their phone though....

Conquest .... Nov /03 (New Orleans)
Conquest .... Dec /05 (Galveston)
Celebration.. Sept /06 (Jacksonville)
Fantasy....... Dec/07 (New Orleans)
Splendor...... Nov. 29th, 2009

Splendor...... Nov. 28th, 2010 (booked)
Old November 13th, 2006, 05:20 PM
Captain

Have always worked with a travel agent before....but they don't seem to be very attentive and this is after 5 cruises in the past 6 years....
Some were for 6 people and others for 4....that's a little business to just fluff off........
Old November 13th, 2006, 06:13 PM
Passenger

Eugene Perez is our man at Carnival. Have booked over a dozen rooms with him. Follows up on all questions and nothing falls in the cracks with him. Best agent I have ever worked with. That includes cruise lines and T/A's.
Old November 14th, 2006, 09:58 PM
First Mate

I have been going through Carnival for the last few years and have never had a bad experience, however, it seems like they turn over a lot so it seems like I'm always speaking to someone new. They have always been very attentive and professional. I can't provide a name, but it in all cases it's been better than going through a Travel Agent (in my opinion). They do work on an incentive basis (not necessarily a commission structure) so if you start to deal with someone give them the common courtesy of a call back after making your final decision.
Old November 15th, 2006, 02:31 AM
Captain

I agree with Denny...Eugene Perez is great. We've booked our last 6 or 7 cruises with him and he has taken very good care of us.

AKcruiser Tell him Dena from Alaska ssays Hi
Old November 15th, 2006, 02:34 PM
Captain

So does everyobne agree or dis-agree that it is better to go thru Carnival now that all things are equal in the price department.....than to use a travel agent.........
Old November 15th, 2006, 03:09 PM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to David West Send a message via Yahoo to David West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joie
So does everyobne agree or dis-agree that it is better to go thru Carnival now that all things are equal in the price department.....than to use a travel agent.........
Joie, that will depend on how well you like your TA or your PVP. If you have a good TA, and he or she, are doing you a good job, stay there. And the same with a PVP. But... If there not doing you a good job, and your not satisfied with there performance. Take the names that you have been given here and give them a call. Feel them out. You'll know if you'll like doing business with them, probadly by the time your phone call is over. I'm actually going to do the same. I've wrote down Bob's and Denny's names they have suggested. Because I'm in the market for a new TA myself. ( or PVP )
Thanks guy's for the information;
Happy Sailing to all;
David
Legend May 2009
Liberty - Aug.23 2008
Fantasy - Sept.22 2007
Fantasy - Sept.27 2007 (B 2 B )
Holiday- Sept.- 2006
Valor- May - 2006
Conquest- August- 2003
Inspiration-Sept.-2001
Enchanted Isle- Sept.- 1999
Old November 15th, 2006, 05:08 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I'd still stick with a good travel agent, they are worth their weight in gold if they do their job for you. There are times when a travel agent can add some perks that the PVP can't.

Also, if cruising on different lines, you'd still have the same great agent.

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 16th, 2006, 01:35 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to macntpa2

I must agree with Donna, a good travel agent is worth their weight in gold, especially when an unforseen problem arises.

That said, I always book direct and have found Tamara Matulonis to be absolutely great. From reading the remarks already made, it sure sounds
like Carnival has a lot of great agents.

Whichever you feel the most comfortable with is the way to go.

I retired after 35years as an airline agent, so I feel comfortable booking direct.
Old November 17th, 2006, 02:34 AM
First Mate

Quote:
when you say that all things are equal in the price department are you saying that booking directly with Carnival they will discount as much as a travel agent? Or are you saying they'll match a travel agents price?

Bill
Old November 17th, 2006, 07:28 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to JamesRT Send a message via MSN to JamesRT Send a message via Yahoo to JamesRT

Gayle Hayden has been GREAT for us!
Old November 17th, 2006, 08:35 AM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to macntpa2

I've always found that when I book directly with Carnival they give me the same price as a travel agent.

Again, it depends on your travel agent and the kind of service they provide, the price will most likely be the same, but a good, personal travel agent who cares and takes the time to go over everything, and is more like a friend than one who just wants the money, is priceless in my opinion. Another plus is they can take care of all your travel needs, all cruise lines, hotels, air, etc.

I've really enjoyed dealing directly with Tamara Matulonis at Carnival, and would most certainly recommend her to anyone thinking of a Carnival cruise.
Old November 17th, 2006, 02:14 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by macntpa2
I've always found that when I book directly with Carnival they give me the same price as a travel agent.

Again, it depends on your travel agent and the kind of service they provide, the price will most likely be the same, but a good, personal travel agent who cares and takes the time to go over everything, and is more like a friend than one who just wants the money, is priceless in my opinion. Another plus is they can take care of all your travel needs, all cruise lines, hotels, air, etc.

I've really enjoyed dealing directly with Tamara Matulonis at Carnival, and would most certainly recommend her to anyone thinking of a Carnival cruise.
OK cool. Good information to know. Maybe next cruise I'll use www.cruisecompete.com get the best discounted price and call a PVP to match the price. Sounds like the best of both worlds.

Bill
Old November 17th, 2006, 04:21 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to outdoors27

We use Alison Dorfman for our PVP. She's booked 5 cruises for me 4 since 2000. I thinks she's the best hands down as she takes the time to get to know you. ex 82399
Britanis 1985
Carnival Fantasy 1992
Carnival Destiny 1998
Carnival Destiny 1999
Carnival Victory 2002
Carnival Pride 2004
Carnival Valor 2005
Carnival Freedom 2011

Carnival Breeze (Hopefully June or July 2012)
Old November 19th, 2006, 09:03 AM
Admiral

A PVP and a TA are apples and oranges, IMHO.

A PVP works for the cruiseline. A TA works for YOU. And as Donna pointed out, in addition to a good rate, a competent TA will also get those perks that a PVP can't offer.

I know that many people swear by a PVP and if that's working for you, then continue. But (again) as Donna said, a TA can help you book your next cruise on another cruiseline and can be a valued part of your future vacation experience for life!

Happy Sailing.

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old November 20th, 2006, 04:01 PM
Beginner

Default I use a travel agent

I have booked my last 3 cruises through Best Price Cruises online. They used to be cheaper than booking directly through the cruise line but now they are usually the same price but offer incentives.

This time, I got free travel insurance and coupons (for use in the gift shops, etc onboard). A few days after booking, Carnival sent an email about a one day sale they were having. I called Best Price Cruises back and asked if they could match the deal. They did... $100 off per person and the best available upgrade.... we moved up two decks and saved $200. Not bad!
Old November 21st, 2006, 09:48 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.S.Oceanlover
Quote:
when you say that all things are equal in the price department are you saying that booking directly with Carnival they will discount as much as a travel agent? Or are you saying they'll match a travel agents price?

Bill
I booked our Feb cruise from cruises'nmore and it was abt $200 less than what the Carnival rep told me for a military discount.
5/'06 Celebrity Zenith
6/'06 Carnival Legend
9/25/06 Carnival Legend
10/29/06 11 nite NCL Spirit
2/4/2007 Carnival Legend
May 14-25th, Carnival Fascination...3 B2B's
9/24/07 Carnival Miracle
11/7/07 Carnival Miracle
1/14/08 Fascination
1/18/08 Carnival Miracle (Platinum on this one!)
2/25/08 Fascination
4/21 & 4/26/08 B2B on the Imagination
Future cruises:
9/7/08 Legend
11/16/08 Legend
1/26 & 1/31 Destiny B2B
Old November 21st, 2006, 10:35 AM
Passenger

Default Carnival Rep

I lucked up and got the BEST personal vacation planner when i called carnival. Her name is Ann Saintnactis. Her # at Carnival is 1-888-438-6744 ext 41023. She def went above and beyond. Tell her Lisa from South Carolina told you about her. I asked her to mail me her business cards and have given many out. I will never deal with anyone else when booking through Carnival. Hope i never have to book with anyone else. Leaving Saturday 11-25-06 on 1st cruise on the Inspiration out of Tampa. Snowed here yesterday so it should be a treat just to get some warmer weather. Planning on making the best of our week as this is a new adventure for both hubby and myself. I highly recommend Ann @ Carnival.
Old June 20th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Beginner

Allison Dorfman!!!! She has booked the BEST rooms & rates than anyone! We made the mistake ONCE going with someone else - We were VERY disappointed!!! She goes out of her way to make EVERYTHING perfect and at a price that you can cruise often with all the extras! She's GREAT - You WON'T be disappointed!!