Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 15th, 2006, 12:53 PM
Passenger

Default Itinerary Change Carnival Liberty Sailing 11/19

To all who are sailing on the Carnival Liberty on 11/19, I just recieved an e-mail from Carnival.com stating that our cruise was changed to 11/21 because of a gatrointestinal outbreak.
This is the e-mail I got.
__________________________________________________ ___________

November 15, 2006

Dear Carnival Guest:

We want to advise you that the Carnival Liberty 6 day cruise scheduled to depart on November 19, 2006 will be changed to a 4 day cruise departing on Tuesday, November 21, 2006. We sincerely apologize for this disruption to your vacation plans.

Unfortunately, there have been incidences of gastrointestinal illness reported on the current cruise. The ship’s staff is performing extensive ongoing cleaning and disinfection of the vessel prior to the arrival in Ft. Lauderdale. We have decided to shorten the next cruise in order to dedicate an additional two full days of intensive work to thoroughly sanitize the ship.

The itinerary for the 4 day cruise will be:

DAY PORT ARRIVE DEPART
Tues.
Ft. Lauderdale -- 4:00 PM
Wed. Key West 7:30 AM 2:00 PM
Thurs. Cozumel 11:00 AM 10:00 PM
Fri. At Sea -- --
Sat. Ft. Lauderdale 8:00 AM --

Guests that were booked on the 6 day cruise prior to November 15, 2006, and sail on the 4 day cruise, will receive a 50% refund of the cruise fare paid for the 6 day cruise. In addition, Carnival will provide a 50% discount on a future 3 to 8 day Carnival cruise departing prior to December 15, 2008 (excluding holiday departures). Please understand that this offer is non-transferable.

Guests sailing on the 4 day that purchased air transportation from Carnival will be contacted and can choose to change the incoming flight to Tuesday or receive complimentary hotel accommodations for Sunday and Monday nights in South Florida.

If you purchased independent air transportation, Carnival will provide a travel allowance of up to $200 per person to cover change fees and/or hotel accommodations for Sunday and Monday nights. Documentation for reimbursement should be sent to Carnival’s Guest Relations department.

If you elect not to sail on the 4 day cruise, you will receive a full refund. We request that you contact us as soon as possible if you elect to cancel. If you purchased independent air transportation with non-refundable tickets, Carnival will reimburse the cost (documentation should be sent to our Guest Relations department). Cruise refunds will be processed in less than two weeks.

We apologize again for this change to your scheduled cruise. We also want to thank you for choosing Carnival for your vacation and look forward to welcoming you aboard the spectacular Carnival Liberty.

Sincerely,

Vicki L. Freed, CTC

Senior Vice President - Sales and Marketing
Carnival Miracle 12/23/08
Carnival Legend 4/1/07
Carnival Liberty 1/1/06,11/21/06
Caribbean Princess 5/28/05
Norwegian Wind 3/20/04
Carnival Legend 12/20/02, 3/18/03
Carnival Fascination 11/1/02
Carnival Victory 3/17/02
Carnival Triumph 3/17/01
RCI Majesty Of The Seas 1/5/01
Carnival Ecstasy 1/15/99, 2/04/00
Sponsored Links
Old November 15th, 2006, 02:54 PM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to edwardsthembi Send a message via Yahoo to edwardsthembi

I got the same email and I freaked out a little. Very disappointed. I still want to go for the experience. Are you still going?

Thembi
Old November 15th, 2006, 04:10 PM
Passenger

As of now, yes I am still going.