Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 16th, 2006, 09:30 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo
Default ATTENTION TO THOSE WHO HAVE A SEA MILES CARD

I just received an e-mail, and Juniper bank has been bought out. This was at the bottom.

The Carnival Sea Miles MasterCard is issued by Barclays Bank Delaware, formerly Juniper Bank.

I told you guys it couldn't stay crap for very long. Now let's see what other changes have been made.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Sponsored Links
Old November 17th, 2006, 07:13 PM
Admiral

Thanks, Luanne!

When you get more information I'd like to know. We've never used any of those cards because, after you read the "fine print" there's no savings at all .

It would be great if the new card was available for all of the Carnival lines!

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old November 18th, 2006, 02:13 PM
Captain

THANKS for the information, Luanne. Hopefully, the new owners will do a better job than the old ones. We quit using the card. We'll wait and see if anyone who is still using it, gets any better results. Then, maybe, we'll use it again.

Libragirl (Mary) 8)
Old November 18th, 2006, 02:30 PM
Admiral

I think they are up to old tricks. This comany is the same as the other one, only sister company. I guess we aren't suppose to know that, because they trust we don't read the fine print. I guess we can only stand by and see.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old November 18th, 2006, 07:42 PM
Admiral

Unless the Credit Card company changes the fact that you still have to use the ICE agents to book, it doesn't matter what "credit card" name is on the card... I'm done!!

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND
Old November 18th, 2006, 10:45 PM
Admiral

I am done too, and this happened today. I get a call, but because it was blocked on ID, I don't answer. They leave a message that says that it is the bank (Juniper) and there is a problem with one of my transactions. I call back, and a lady that barely speaks English asked me for SS# and bank info. I tell her that they called me, and that I am smart enough to know that they should have that info. After 10 or more minutes, I tell her to not tell me anything about my account, but to tell me if there is a problem. She finally admits that what I received was a sales call, and she would take me off their sales list. I didn't ask her to. I smell deception. Need to make your sales call, then tell them anything to get them to call back. I don't need them, but they need me.

I would not advice anyone to get this card. I have done a little bit of investigating this weekend, and nothing has changed. Still owned by the same company, just a different name. I was hoping it was a new company who would see that the travel agent part was messed up, and clean that part up. I also realized that if I use the credit cards where you get money back, I could use that money for trips, and use the TA I wanted. That;s a win win situation.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old November 20th, 2006, 05:07 PM
Captain

I learned long ago that the Carnival card is a major bait and switch program. I have numerous stories to back up that statement.
If you really want a card that has value you'll have to go the NCL card.
With theirs you accumulate points (3/$100). When you reach 500 points ($17,000 in charges) you request a certificate which is a $500 gift certificate used toward any NCL cruise. You book it with whomever you choose and there are no restrictions whatsoever! A much better deal. Of course, if you're a Carnival devotee it won't be your thing, but it is very straightforward and I appreciate that in today's world.

As a further side note, when I was attempting to redeem SeaMiles points one day, the agent told me that Carnival didn't own SeaMiles, the travel agency Our Vacation Center owns it and has a deal with Carnival to use their name or some such foolishness. It didn't make a lot of sense to me that Carnival would allow such a slipshod organization to use their name but I think another vacation club did the same thing in the past.

I redeemed my last points (finally!) for a cruise in February but quit using the card a year ago when I figured their scam out.