Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 21st, 2006, 09:36 AM
Beginner

Default Help me choosing my cabin on Carnival Legend???

I am travelling on Southern Caribean on Carnival Legend. My Balcony is Cat. 8H. Could anyone tell me which side to go port side or starboard side???

I travel on the 12th of February to St. Maarten, St. Kitts and St. Lucia.

Thanks in Advance
Constantinos
Sponsored Links
Old November 21st, 2006, 10:43 AM
Captain

I don't think it makes any difference which side of the ship you're on. Whatever you miss coming you'll see goin the other way. Main thing is you'll be in a balcony suite on the Panorama deck, the view's gonna be outstanding regardless of the direction you look. Have a great trip!
Glory (eastern) 12/2006
Destiny 01/2009
Old November 21st, 2006, 11:49 AM
Beginner

Default Thanks

Thanks for the information. I was just asking to see where i could see best of the islands as i would be leaving them or approaching them. The ports are St. Maarten, St. Kitts and St. Lucia. Do you also have any other secrets you would like to share on the specific cruise?

Thanks
Constantinos
Old November 21st, 2006, 07:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hey zavoscm were are sailing that day also! Who cares where you sleep your on a cruise!
Old November 21st, 2006, 08:37 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian J
Hey zavoscm were are sailing that day also! Who cares where you sleep your on a cruise!
I just thought i give it a good check! Are you travelling there too? Lets hope its fun then!!
Old November 22nd, 2006, 02:36 AM
Passenger

Hey 8H is the category not the cabin number without the number there is no way to find out the side. 8H is must probably a suite but I honestly don't remember a category H??? The last one should be G but 4. The last 8 E!!!!!!!!
I'm confused now hahaha
Old November 22nd, 2006, 04:01 AM
Beginner

Default Carnival

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlatsea
Hey 8H is the category not the cabin number without the number there is no way to find out the side. 8H is must probably a suite but I honestly don't remember a category H??? The last one should be G but 4. The last 8 E!!!!!!!!
I'm confused now hahaha
My Cabin umber is currently 8126 but i was wondering where is the best place to be on that ship. Port side a i am now or Staroard side. Then if fron mid or aft is best for a balcony. I am at Panorama Deck

Thanks in advance
Old November 22nd, 2006, 12:16 PM
Passenger

You are in port side. I've never been on the Legend but is a conquest's class so you are right in the front of the ship. I was checking the deck plan and you right you have a category 8H, new for me.
It actually doesn't matter which side you are because if you don't see on the way in you see on the way out.
But you can always go on the information desk and ask which side are arriving in each port.
Old November 22nd, 2006, 12:39 PM
Beginner

Quote:
You are in port side. I've never been on the Legend but is a conquest's class so you are right in the front of the ship. I was checking the deck plan and you right you have a category 8H, new for me.
It actually doesn't matter which side you are because if you don't see on the way in you see on the way out.
But you can always go on the information desk and ask which side are arriving in each port.
Would it be best to travel on midship or aft or front of the ship??
Old November 22nd, 2006, 02:26 PM
Passenger

in my opinion midship but your cabin it's in a nice place, should not move too much.....
Old November 22nd, 2006, 02:40 PM
Beginner

Quote:
in my opinion midship but your cabin it's in a nice place, should not move too much.....
Decided tgo change it to 8258 in the hope for fewer winds in our faces!! and more views!
Old November 22nd, 2006, 03:25 PM
Passenger

8258 is on the back of the ship...
go to carnival.com funships legends deck plan
Old November 22nd, 2006, 03:34 PM
Beginner

Quote:
8258 is on the back of the ship...
go to carnival.com funships legends deck plan
I know but its closer to amenities and the front of the ships is windier that anywhere else. I am also close to restaurants, elevators and pools

What do you think
Old November 22nd, 2006, 04:14 PM
Passenger

I always hear people saying that are or they want to be close to the restaurant? Why is that? You have to walk to other places anyways, the pool is right in the middle of the ship you can only go from the fwd or aft elevators so is gonna be the same distance. You gonna be close to the buffet but your main dining can be on the midship......so it doesn't really matter your cabin has cabin above and below so it should be quite...
Old November 24th, 2006, 01:19 PM
Familiar Face

My wife and I try to book a port side stateroom near the rear elevators. (3 or 4 rooms down to avoid the noise).
Port so we know which side of the ship we are on. We don't have to think "Now which side is our room on?", when we are in "that condition".
And rear elevators for convience and easy access to the Lido resturant for breakfast and late night coffee. That's what I call all the buffet resturants.
Old November 24th, 2006, 01:33 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popdog
My wife and I try to book a port side stateroom near the rear elevators. (3 or 4 rooms down to avoid the noise).
Port so we know which side of the ship we are on. We don't have to think "Now which side is our room on?", when we are in "that condition".
And rear elevators for convience and easy access to the Lido resturant for breakfast and late night coffee. That's what I call all the buffet resturants.
So my room is in an ok position there!

It is also close to amenities and port side!