Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 21st, 2006, 07:36 PM
Passenger

Default Does Carnival Cruise Lines have CBS, NBC, ABC ??

Anyone know what channels possibly are on Carnival? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old November 21st, 2006, 08:20 PM
Beginner

someone will give a better anwser but yes abc nbc and cbs plus others will be there for your viewing pleasure
Old November 21st, 2006, 08:29 PM
Admiral

Who's going to be watching television??

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old November 21st, 2006, 08:30 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Actually, except for while in a US port, I've never seen major networks, except CNN, and ESPN on any ships.

The exception is prearranged airing of big sporting events like Super Bowl.

You won't find your favorite regular programs showing on the TV
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old November 21st, 2006, 08:40 PM
Passenger

Default Does Carnival Cruise line have CBS, NBC, ABC

Thanks for the mixed answers. I hope not to watch much T.V. but there is one thing i do want to see and wondered if i needed to get daughter to record at home. Thanks again!

~Lisa~
Old November 21st, 2006, 10:25 PM
First Mate

Let me guess: Amazing Race? I will be missing the last episode and have been addicted to that show from day one. Am I right about your program? Curiosity...
Old November 22nd, 2006, 07:53 AM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to wakedreams

hehe anyone else addicted to shows?

Speaking of TV - my boyfriend needs to confirm - will Monday night Football be on in the sports bar?

If not, I need to add that to my list of shows to DVR...

I have provided a big list of shows to record to one of our friends, they are going to record it in exchange for a souvenier.
I can't miss Amazing Race!!
Carnival Triumph 11/2008
Carnival Celebration 10/2007
Carnival Victory 11/2006
Disney Wonder 1/2006
Carnival Legend 10/2005
Carnival Victory 3/2005
Carnival Triumph 8/2004
Carnival Sensation 6/2002
Old November 22nd, 2006, 03:55 PM
Passenger

Default Does Carnival Cruise Lines have CBS, ABC, NBC

Yes Amazing Race is one show but the other is finale of Bachelor. . Glad there are other reality TV nuts like myself. I also will have backup recording going on as well.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING & CRUISING.
Old November 23rd, 2006, 01:00 AM
Passenger

Ms Fireworks, thanks for that question. I wanted to at least keep up on the score of the Big 12 championship game being played on December 2nd while we are crusing- my team, Nebraska, is playing in that game. Although we were thinking we would not want to be watching a football game when there is so much ship to explore and things to do.
Old November 23rd, 2006, 05:01 AM
First Mate

I'm glad HGTV isn't on any of the ships. The wife is kinda partial to that one and a cruise gives me some relief.
Old November 23rd, 2006, 07:12 PM
Admiral

Actually, on the last 3 Carnival ships we've been aboard, (Valor, Glory, and Miracle) they've been airing a local Denver station as well as the usual CNN channels. Why Denver? I don't know, except that the folks aboard from Denver thought it was just for them and that the Line figured out where everyone was from, and piped the local channels into their cabin. (That would be nice wouldn't it?) I honestly don't remember whether it was CBS, NBC, or ABC as it didn't interest me too much. Like others have stated, who wants to watch TV when you're aboard a great cruise?
See you aboard,
Ken
Old November 25th, 2006, 08:40 AM
Beginner

Just returned from 8 day cruise on Carnival Legend. Yes, they did have ABC, NBC and CBS. As mentioned in previous posting they were all Denver stations but there was a problem. It seemed that the further south we went the worse the reception became. The picture and sound would cut out for several seconds at a time. We tried watching The Amazing Race but couldn't because the cut outs were so bad you couldn't watch. It was just like what happens to a home satellite TV signal when a heavy rain comes through.
Old November 25th, 2006, 12:23 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I agree with the rest. We have always had Network TV on the ships. I always love it when people want to know who would be watching, like it's something to be ashamed of. I watch TV on the ship. Not all the time, but watching tv is another form of relaxation, so why not.

Go and have fun. No matter how you do it.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old November 26th, 2006, 05:24 PM
Admiral

Yikes, I long for the days when there were no TVs in the cabins. Unless you are shut in by illness, cut the cord and walk the deck for relaxation. Got to love the Corona beer commercials where the couple pick the beach where the cell phone reception is finally dead.

Will child protective services really go after me for depriving my child of cable TV, video games, high speed internet and a cell phone and forcing him to read, dive, travel, cruise, and do martial arts, service projects and scouts?
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old November 27th, 2006, 05:55 AM
First Mate

We don't watch TV while on the ship, however, we do turn it on while we're dressing for the evening meal, and watch what we missed during the day and maybe some news flashes. But, other than that, we don't watch our "favorite programs" while at sea.

I do like catching some of those infomercials where they're selling jewelry, guaranteed not to turn your body contact points green for a full nine days.
Old November 27th, 2006, 11:04 AM
Admiral

Alas, I have not much use for jewelery made of gold or silver. Have enough trouble fighting off the park pirahanas* when diving without shiny things on my fingers or ears. Now if we are talking informercials for titanium backpacking or dive gear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeyman
We don't watch TV while on the ship, however, we do turn it on while we're dressing for the evening meal, and watch what we missed during the day and maybe some news flashes. But, other than that, we don't watch our "favorite programs" while at sea.

I do like catching some of those infomercials where they're selling jewelry, guaranteed not to turn your body contact points green for a full nine days.
*agressive perch and sunfish - they ping your tank and bite your exposed fingers and ears!
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old November 27th, 2006, 03:13 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to mteague

Divemaster, I'm just a kid at heart...you could adopt me! If that is out of the question, I do make a great grandmother, just ask my grandchildren! Let me know when we sail!
Old November 27th, 2006, 07:49 PM
Passenger

I'm with all of You! My name is JEN and I'm addicted to Diet Coke and Reality TV. Whew! I feel better now!
Old November 27th, 2006, 10:51 PM
Admiral

I wouldn't count on finding your favorite show on the cabin TV. It's a big maybe and maybe not.

If it's something you just can't miss - tape it!

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old December 10th, 2006, 11:14 AM
Passenger

Default Does Carnival Cruise Line have CBS, NBC, ABC?

Well back from extended cruise then stop in Florida (WONDERFUL VACATION). I did catch my TV show on the Denver channel. Glad to see there are more then just a few who do slow down and get their minds involved in something even if it is to some a stupid REALITY show. . Just dont forget The Amazing Race Finale. Tonight CBS....

Will post cruise review after that.
Old December 10th, 2006, 02:12 PM
Passenger

We look forward to be disconnected and it is one of the best points of cruising to us. We leave our cell phones in the car, keep the T.V. in the room off unless there is a good movie to fall asleep to, and dont use the internet at all. (we both make extensive use of the internet in our professional and personal lives)

Its really amazing how much better all that makes our trip although the first day without internet is hard. We sit down and talk much more and play games or just hold each other.

(By the way I am typing this as my wife in on her computer typing something else, we have the T.V. on in the background as well and my cellphone is in my pocket and my wife has her blackberry to periodically work )
Old December 10th, 2006, 02:22 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I think it all boils down to each is own. I am glad the phone doesn't ring, and who needs a cell phone, but I like the TV. I like my Lap Top. One of our best moments was being on the Conquest last Christmas, and starting off in our room watching the Falcons game, and then running to the sports bar to see the second half with other cruisers. Nothing wrong with that.

Picture it!!! In your room. On a ship, with a foo foo drink, favorite book, a good movie, or your favorite soap opera, and the gentle swaying of the ship. Okay, after one foo foo, I do my own swaying. Not hurting anyone. Doing what I want to do. All legal. Fun Fun Fun.

Life is good!!!!!
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link