Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 23rd, 2006, 12:39 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo
Default Welcome To All Our New and Not So New Members

Tell us about yourself, and most of all, let us know what your questions are.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Sponsored Links
Old November 23rd, 2006, 03:32 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Jacqueline

Nice try
http://cruisemates.com/forum/viewtop...57141&start=60

Come on out all of you!!

Read and post cruise reviews

Old November 24th, 2006, 11:02 AM
Familiar Face

Hi
My name is Sue from Kent, OH. Three children, one granddaughter.
Went on my first cruise two years ago and now I'm hooked. Leaving Sunday again on the Victory, with one of the ladys I work with. Her husband can't go. A coulple we met on the first cruise will also be on this one...a good time for sure. Little worried about the weather in the Caribbean, seem like at lot of rain. Look for a bargin for my next one in 2007 right now.

Sue
Old November 26th, 2006, 09:23 AM
Beginner

Hello, My name is Mary and I live in Michigan. I'm 44 and I'm a CPA although I've only been back in the working world for about 4 years as I was a stay at home mom and just recently received my CPA license. (It took me a couple of years to decided what I wanted to do when I grew up). But, better late than never, right?

My first cruise was in April of 2005, right after tax season. My boyfriend has travel reward points that were going to expire so he set up a cruise on the Miracle. I wasn't excited about it at all ( I was too busy working) and so you can imagine my surprise when I walked onto that ship! We were both hooked! 7 day cruise with flight and it only cost us $169! He had a lot of points!! Of course the sign and sail card was another issue!!

So, the next year, we booked on the Valor. I didn't know how I should book, so I went with a travel agent in our town. I wouldn't do it again as she had our transportation screwed up. But maybe it was the wrong agent.

So now, tax season is approaching and I'm looking for another cruise for afterwards. I'm not sure whether to book directly, thru an agent, or through one of the web cruise agencies. I've looked at prices, and they all seem to be the same. Is there deals out there that I'm not aware of besides last minutes deals??

And, do most people book flights separately?

Thanks,
Mary
Old November 26th, 2006, 11:58 AM
Admiral

Hi Mary,

Nice to meet you.

Have you tried a place on Cruisemates called Cruisecomplete? They are a group of agents who compete for your booking. All you do is give them the info, and they will send you e-mails to let you know the different agencies offers.

I have found that most pick there own flights.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old November 26th, 2006, 04:03 PM
Passenger

Hello, I am a new member again. I had left the boards for awhile. Me bad. I am from Rockford, Illinois. I am a Registered Nurse and currently am a graduate student in the Master of Nursing Education at Northern Illinois University in DeKalb, Il. I have been practicing for over 30 years and received my BSN this last May.

I will be on my fourth cruise on December 17th and I am counting down the days. Southern Carribean on the Destiny. I did not realize until I came back to Mates that Aruba will be dropped from the itinerary starting next January. I understand the island is beautiful. MyDH and 2 grown children are accompanying me on the trip. My oldest has never cruised, so it will be exciting to see her reaction. I am certain she will be hooked forever.
Old November 26th, 2006, 06:10 PM
Passenger

Default Just wanted to introduce myself and say "Hi".

Wow!!

I just found this website today and I love it.

My name is Sallie, I'm 54 years young. Married to the love of my life and we live in Maryland.

Our kids are grown so now it is our time. DH (Michael) and I have cruised around 5 times on Carnival, NCL and Disney and we love the cruising life.

Next September, we are taking my brother and sister in law on their first cruise. We will be on the Carnival Valor doing the western Caribbean and we are soooo looking forward to it. It will be fun watching the look in DB and DSIL's eyes as they board their first ship.

Anyway, I am looking forward to talking with a lot of you and getting to know you.
Old November 26th, 2006, 06:26 PM
Admiral

A very special welcome to all. You will find Cruisemates to be a very friendly place, where everyone wants to help.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old November 27th, 2006, 07:46 PM
Passenger

Hi I'm Jen and I'm from Michigan. My dh and I are cruising in December on his first my 4th cruise. It's for our 10th anniversary and we cannot wait!

We have two darling children that we are leaving at home for the first time ever with grandma and grandpa. They are 7 and 5 and will have the time of their lives! We will probably have to spend a month deprogramming them from the spoiling of the grandparents!

My dh farms with his dad, mostly fruit and vegetables our biggest crops are grapes and apples. Drink that Welch's grape juice!!! I run an in home daycare and cannot wait to not have to change a diaper for a week!

BTW I love this site, it has given me soo much information I really feel prepared for this cruise -- not expecting it to be perfect but perfect for us!
Old November 28th, 2006, 11:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to Dar4960 Send a message via Yahoo to Dar4960

Terri Ann,
Oh wow, I live in Machesney Park, IL and work at OSF in Rockford. I was so excited when I saw that you were from the Rockford area. I too will be cruising Dec. 17th aboard the Carnival LIBERTY. I've been on the DESTINY 2 times and she is a wonderful ship, very pretty I thought. Those ports of call are some of my favorites, while ARUBA is my favoirte I am saddend that she will be taken off of the ports of call. Have a great cruise Terri Ann....
Happy Cruising,
Darlene
Old November 29th, 2006, 07:39 AM
Passenger

Thanks Darlene! I am so excited to see Aruba before it's taken off the roster!

We are booked in a balcony and I cannot wait! When I have cruised previously, I have always had an inside cabin. So this is a real treat for us!
Old November 30th, 2006, 12:29 AM
Passenger

Darlene,

It truly is a small world isn't it? We lived in Machesney Park for 2 years.

I grew up in Freeport. I am soooo looking forward to our cruise.

Especially after the weather forcast for Thursday and Friday. Yuck!!!!

I probably will not want to leave Aruba. I am such a "water baby".

I have always said just give me a beach, a hut and a few coconuts and I

could live happily everafter. Enjoy your cruise on the Liberty, Darlene

and please post what you thought of it when you get back. Terri Ann
Old November 30th, 2006, 09:57 PM
First Mate

Hello Jen from Michigan.... I am also from Michigan. Near the Grand Rapids area.

(Goodness I haven't posted on the CruiseMates website in a loooooong long time things have changed a bit I hope I know what I'm doing!.)

*Kim*
07/30/95 - Fantasy
12/19/97 - Ecstasy
07/26/99 - Imagination
04/01/00 - Grandeur of the Seas
04/01/01 - Carnival Victory
03/29/03 - Carnival Triumph
11/11/04 - Sensation
04/17/07 - Imagination (again)
Old December 1st, 2006, 07:26 AM
Passenger

Oh WOW! Grand Rapids is only an hour and half from here! We were actually there yesterday for the Michigan Farm Bureau Annual meeting. My dh was names 1st runner up for Young Ag Leader of the Year! I'm so proud!

I went to college at Grand Valley State! What a small world!