Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 25th, 2006, 12:14 PM
Beginner

Default taking beer cans on board carnival glory

Has anyone taken beer cans in their suitcase onto the carnaval Glory? Any helpful tips would be apprecited. How much does a beer on board cost?
Sponsored Links
Old November 25th, 2006, 12:17 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I have heard of it, and yes it is done, but if you buy beer by the bucket on board, you save money. If you take beer and it explodes, you have heavy laundry bills, and loose the savings on the beer.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old November 25th, 2006, 03:13 PM
Admiral

I am not much of a beer drinker ashore or afloat but for you to realize much of a savings it seems you would have to take a lot of beer aboard
whether you had it in checked luggage or with you in some type carry on.
The way luggage gets bounced, jostled, etc. around, I wouldn't take a chance.
Like I said, unless you plan to drink an awful lot of beer, I can't see taking the extra time and trouble just to save a few dollars.

Seriously if you do take beer aboard, it would be interesting to find out after the cruise if you would do it again and approx. how much money you saved, vs. the extra trouble, etc. It might be helpful for others to know that before they decide to bring or not bring their own beer.

Whatever you decide, bottoms up !
Old November 27th, 2006, 08:49 PM
Beginner

Default beer

We have taken beer on before. One cruise was Disnet which allowed you to take on beer at the time. The other was Norwegian. We went with other several other people. Together we took a couple of suitcases w/ plastic beer bottles. One bag made it the other did not but it also had liquor in it. It was a hassel but worth it if itmakes it to your room. I was just wondering what Carnivals policy/leniency on the issue would be. Any experiance??? Cans would be easier to take but are check in bags scanned. Would cans be picked up on the scanner easier than bottles?
Old November 29th, 2006, 03:47 PM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to David West Send a message via Yahoo to David West

Duma,
Yes, I've seen alot of people carry on beer, wine, and the hard liquior. Alot makes it, and some don't. Some friends of ours carried on several cases of soft drinks, beer, couple bottles of wine, and liquior, on board the Valor, in May. They looked like they had a mini bar in there room.

To me,since I'm not a heavy drinker, its not worth the extra effort to get it onboard.Also, sometimes its kind of funny watching them wash clothes on the first day of a cruise.

Happy Sailing to all;
David
Legend May 2009
Liberty - Aug.23 2008
Fantasy - Sept.22 2007
Fantasy - Sept.27 2007 (B 2 B )
Holiday- Sept.- 2006
Valor- May - 2006
Conquest- August- 2003
Inspiration-Sept.-2001
Enchanted Isle- Sept.- 1999
Old November 29th, 2006, 04:20 PM
Admiral

I guess I've never totally understood why you would want to carry something as heavy as cans of beer onboard.

But to each his own, and to answer your original questions: beer is pretty much the same price onboard as it is in your local bar back home.

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old November 29th, 2006, 05:46 PM
Beginner

Default Beer

No offense but my local bars back home are all at $2.50 a beer domestic and some even 16 oz. From what I understand its $4.50 a beer or $20 a 6 pack in a bucket. That is spendy. I would definitly consider switching to hard booze if you want to bring it along. I personally love beer but would have to habe a forklift load my luggage in order to have enough beer to enjoy for week. For instance yesterday from 3:00 PM to 6:00 I played 9 holes of golf and consumed a six pack of 16 oz Coors Light, 3 Black Velvet Diet Cokes and finished off with a shot of Butterscotch Schnapps and Crown Royal. It goes without saying that I got yelled at when I got home. I fell asleep early.
Old November 29th, 2006, 05:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

I carried a case of 12 bottles of Corona in my checked luggage on Carnival Glory. My luggage made it fine to my cabin, no broken bottles . Now I did notice that people who tried to hand carry on cases of beer as a carry on it was taken away at security checkpoint in the cruise terminal. I went through security around 11am and there was already about 5 cases of beer for the security guys to enjoy when they got off work that night. So if you want to bring it on, put it in your checked luggage, and hope it gets to your stateroom still in sealed bottles or cans.
Old November 29th, 2006, 05:58 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
I got yelled at when I got home. I fell asleep early.
Dude you may want to think about cruiseing alone then Like me...I never get yelled at
Old November 29th, 2006, 06:10 PM
Beginner

I think she was mad mostly because she wasn't able to get off work and booze it up with me!