Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 27th, 2006, 10:55 AM
Passenger

Default Suprise

We are taking our kids on their 5th cruise as part of their Christmas. I want to Suprise them some how. I was thinking of a riddle or wrapping clues. They are 8,6 and 1 1/2. The 8 and 6 will get it I know the 1 1/2 won't this is his 3rd cruise. The older 2 LOVE to cruise and picked going on another cruise over going to Disney again. I just wanted to make to fun by suprising them this time. Any body ever done this or have an idea to share?
Sponsored Links
Old November 27th, 2006, 12:35 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Suprise

Three cruises by 1 1/2 and I thought my kiddo was a sailor. Does Carnival have those inflatable toy ships like HAL? Could wrap one for an early open Cristmas gift. BTW, put the kiddos to work this trip - get some square glass jars (look in jams and jellies section) and felt and then have the kids collect sand, shells, mini pine cones, etc, on the trip to make beach-in-a-bottle bookends.

The kiddos already snorklers? Might consider mask/snorkle/fin/vest sets as another possible early open gift. With kiddos like these I suggest waiting 4 years and turning the oldest into Junior OW divers and chumming them to the fish in the EPCOT Living Seas aquarium while the youngest looks through the window. Each would require an OW class and an adult to accompany them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goingw/kids
We are taking our kids on their 5th cruise as part of their Christmas. I want to Suprise them some how. I was thinking of a riddle or wrapping clues. They are 8,6 and 1 1/2. The 8 and 6 will get it I know the 1 1/2 won't this is his 3rd cruise. The older 2 LOVE to cruise and picked going on another cruise over going to Disney again. I just wanted to make to fun by suprising them this time. Any body ever done this or have an idea to share?
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old November 27th, 2006, 01:32 PM
Passenger

Thanks for the suggestions. We already have a sand/dirt collection. My kids really enjoy seeing the different colors of the earth. I love the other ideas too. I hope I get several to choose from.
Old November 27th, 2006, 05:53 PM
Admiral

Clues would be a cute idea for the 2 older ones. Maybe some rhyming riddles and at the end of the "hunt" will be a little funship freddy or some gift that they will immediately recognize as a cruise.

Good luck! Have a great cruise!

CRUISES I HAVE TAKEN SO FAR...
Disney Wonder (2003)
Carnival Inspiration (2004)
Carnival Victory (2005)
Carnival Miracle 2006-2007 (New Years Cruise)
Carnival Liberty (June 9, 2007)
Carnival Glory (July 5, 2008)
Carnival Inspiration (March 28, 2009*18th birthday Cruise!!)