Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 29th, 2006, 04:15 PM
Beginner

Default Bringing Hard Liquor on board

I realize this question is very similar to the beer one recently asked but I was told by someone who was recently on Carnival Miracle that is was very easy to smuggle on because with 2000+ passengers they can't check every bag. Both my wife and I are alcoholics so it would cost us a fortune to drink from 14 hours a day. I don't mind buying drinks while at a show on board or while gambling but it make sense to get a soft drink card and fill up a large cup with ice a diet coke and top it off with some smuggled Bacardi when waiting for the wife to get pretty or just wandering around the ship. If I could smuggle a 1.75 of Absolute and 1.75 of Bacardi I could probably save around $700 in bar tabs. all foe a $60 investment. Plus to make myself feel less guilty my wife is borderline anorexic and eats like a bird so ther cruise line is coming out ahead there.

My friends that just went said they packed their in the middle of the suitcases and surrounded the bottles, which were plastic, with portable electronics, camcorder, headphones, etc. so when X-rayed it couldn't be seen. I have to wonder if plastic bottles even show up on an x-ray. Does anyone know.
Sponsored Links
Old November 29th, 2006, 04:39 PM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to David West Send a message via Yahoo to David West

Since you put it that way, Go for it Pack you a couple bottles of your choice, and enjoy

Happy Cruising to all :
David
Legend May 2009
Liberty - Aug.23 2008
Fantasy - Sept.22 2007
Fantasy - Sept.27 2007 (B 2 B )
Holiday- Sept.- 2006
Valor- May - 2006
Conquest- August- 2003
Inspiration-Sept.-2001
Enchanted Isle- Sept.- 1999
Old November 29th, 2006, 07:01 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Ethan,

Your post made me very sad to read. Not because you want to take all this booze on board, but the things you said about you and your wife.

You would not be the first to "smuggle" booze, but do keep in mind that it is only right to take a certain amount. Anything over what the Carnival web site says you can take, is illegal. I hope that you will take only enough to get a buzz, and not so much that you miss out on the wonderful experience of cruising. It has it own special high. You should wait and see how great it is.

Good luck to you and your wife.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old November 30th, 2006, 09:07 AM
Beginner

Don't feel bad for us. There are many very nice people who are functioning alcoholics. When we think of an alcoholic we often think of the wino on the street begging for change, when in reality if diagnosed by any online self help survey, most of us are alcoholics. Do I enjoy one or more drinks a day 3 to 5 days a week? Heck yes sometimes even 6 to 7 days a week! I never drink before noon unless I'm on vacation or I can blame it on another times zone. (its noon somewhere!) I won't walk around stumbling drunk, in fact one tends to build up quite a tolerance which explains the need for large amounts of booze to give us the same warm fuzzies as normal people. The bonus is I never get hangovers.
Old November 30th, 2006, 11:00 AM
Captain

I am not much of a drinker but that don't make me any better than anyone else.... I still have 4 bottles of Rum & 1 bottle of Crown Royal that I have never opened from my past cruises.... Does Crown Royal age over time? ...
For some reason a half can of beer will make my face feel fuzy so I don't drink beer anymore but I do enjoy a well made a strawberry dacri..

Conquest .... Nov /03 (New Orleans)
Conquest .... Dec /05 (Galveston)
Celebration.. Sept /06 (Jacksonville)
Fantasy....... Dec/07 (New Orleans)
Splendor...... Nov. 29th, 2009

Splendor...... Nov. 28th, 2010 (booked)
Old November 30th, 2006, 05:48 PM
Passenger

Default hard liquor

ethan u also have to remember that if your flying u have to pack it in your suitcase before you leave. we just came home from a cruise on the carnival glory and had 6 bottles in our luggage boxed and in bubble wrap and thank goodness it made it home. had some very very expensive scotch that was 190 a bottle for a friend that I was worried about but it made it. if you want to bring booze on board before your cruise the best thing is to arrive the day before and find a package store by the port or hotel you're staying at and then wrap in a towel or t-shirt and it should be fine. good luck
Old November 30th, 2006, 06:33 PM
Admiral

Carnival does not xray checked luggage, however I would strongly advise that you really wrap those bottles in bubble wrap, and a towel and then seal them up in a leakproof bag and THEN put it in a hardside suitcase.
Those suitcases really get a ton of weight put on them. If you think airline folks are hard on luggage, it is only because they took lessons from the cruise line guys.

So while you don't have to worry about it being taken out of checked (NOT carry on) you had better have it wrapped to the hilt to prevent it from being busted or broken.

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND
Old December 1st, 2006, 09:48 AM
Beginner

My plan is to buy at a liquor store on my way to the ship and transfer it into two empty 2 liter pop bottles.
Old December 1st, 2006, 11:15 AM
Admiral

Thats your best bet so it doesn't spill in your luggage.

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011