CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Staggered Seating on Spirit Class Ships? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/324126-staggered-seating-spirit-class-ships.html)

Kathristin15 November 30th, 2006 12:52 PM

Staggered Seating on Spirit Class Ships?

I don't remember where I heard or read this, but is it true that Carnival offers "staggered" seating times? Where you would choose early seating, but go to dinner at 6:30 instead of 5:45 or choose late and go at 8:45 instead of 8:00?

Is this available on the Spirit class ships. I will be on the Miracle in May.

Thanks!

skymaster November 30th, 2006 01:08 PM

Nope,,,,just came off the beautiful "Miracle". Dinner was at 5:45 or 8:15 only. Great ship, and great crew. Superior cruise, and you'll no doubt have a wonderful time.

Ken

MrPete November 30th, 2006 01:09 PM

It's only available on the ships that have 2 dining rooms.

The Spirit class only has one dining room, so there is no staggering.

You're either EARLY or LATE.

Kathristin15 November 30th, 2006 01:33 PM

I know late vs early is a matter of personal preference, but I'm just looking for some opinions. We eat around 7-7:30 at home, right in the middle of the 2 seatings. Which dining time do you think we would be better off with?

Thanks

dina November 30th, 2006 01:46 PM

I guess that would depend on what type of activites you enjoy on board ship. Some of the party stuff starts after first seating and will be going on while you sit at dinner in the late sitting. If you go on an excursion and dinner is early then you have to hurry up to get dressed for dinner right away. If thats ok with you then go for that.

I preferred to relax before getting ready for dinner so we chose late seating.

skymaster November 30th, 2006 02:47 PM

Dina is right,,,it really depends on what you enjoy, and what your habits are. The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I always choose early, because it's closer to when we eat at home, and also we get to start all the evening activities earlier, and are ready for the midnight buffet, or snacks, or pizza, or whatever about midnight. Whatever you choose aboard the "Miracle", it'll be GREAT!

Have a breat cruise,

Ken

Kathristin15 December 1st, 2006 06:22 PM

Slightly off subject. Does the dining room get very noisy with waiters singing and tables cheering? I read this on one of the other posts. I'm only asking because my cabin is on deck 4 above the 2nd level of the dining room.

skymaster December 1st, 2006 07:04 PM

It gets a little bit rowdy and noisy at times, but I doubt seriously that it will bother you. Think about it for a moment. If you have main seating, you'll probably be in the theatre watching the show during the late seating dinner, and if you have late seating, you'll certainly not be trying to sleep during the six oclock hour. I absolutely wouldn't worry about it. The Miracle is an outstanding ship, and I have no doubt you'll love it.

Ken