CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   WHAT TO WEAR TO A WEDDING ON THE SHIP (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/324295-what-wear-wedding-ship.html)

kennedy December 5th, 2006 09:25 AM

WHAT TO WEAR TO A WEDDING ON THE SHIP

Help we are crusing in June 2007, the wedding will be 11 a.m. Suggestions for female and males attending this wedding for what to wear..

Libragirl December 5th, 2006 10:35 AM

I would wear the same thing I would wear to a wedding "not" on the ship.

Libragirl :D

cozzette1 December 5th, 2006 10:37 AM

I have been to two on board weddings and they were both pretty casual with Hawaiian shirts and cocktail or sun dresses. I think however, if it is your wedding you can certainly specify the dress theme, cocktail hour attire, island casual or formal attire.
We told our daughter we will only pay for her wedding if she gets married on a cruise, some people will do just about anything to go on another cruise :oops: Cozzette

Fern December 5th, 2006 07:22 PM

Hi kennedy,

Welcome to Cruisemates!

Is this your wedding or are you attending someone else's? If it's your wedding you "hold all the cards :) ". If you want to wear a formal dress and your future DH wants to wear a formal suit or tux the guests should wear formal wear, too. If you want to be island casual (a pretty sundress and a Hawaiian shirt and slacks), as cozzette1 said, then just let your guests know that they don't have to dress up.

If it's someone else's wedding, hopefully they'll let you know the type of dress they expect.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cozzette1
some people will do just about anything to go on another cruise

DH and I would like to renew our vows on a cruise. Will you pay for us? LOL LOL We'll be glad to invite you!

kennedy December 5th, 2006 10:56 PM

thanks for all the answers. Its not my wedding than goodness. I hope they tell us but otherwise if the bride is wearing a gown then I know what to wear... its so hot in June...but I think it is in a room somewhere on the ship. Hey the perk is we get to board early.. yea!

LisaK December 6th, 2006 10:20 AM

its up to the the bride and groom to set the "tone" for the wedding. If the bride is going to be wearing a gown and the groom in a tux or suit then you should dress as if you were attending a church wedding at home.

cozzette1 December 6th, 2006 10:29 AM

Since you will be on a cruise if you are wearing something semi formal you will atleast have reason to wear it again on one of your informal nights. It will actually save room in your luggage by wearing it onto the ship.
What time is the ceremony? I saw that you get to board extra early but I am assuming you need to arrive in the clothes you will be wearing since rooms probably won't all be available.
It sure sounds like a fun way to start a cruise :) Cozzette

kennedy December 6th, 2006 09:37 PM

I don't know all the details but was told probably wedding at 11 or so and we are hoping that we will get to have our rooms after the reception at least. Yes we will be already dressed for the wedding and luggage delivered to the port etc. It does sound exciting but there are lots of questions like do we bring our carry on to the wedding???? You know minor details. We were flying in the day before anyway so it is no problem going early...