Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 12th, 2006, 04:37 PM
Beginner

Default Fantasy-Ocean View-Main Deck-Aft room

Has anyone had any of these rooms? I saw a picture of the back of the boat and it looks like there is a walkway around it, is that true or is it just an illusion? Our exact room is M265...
Sponsored Links
Old December 12th, 2006, 05:00 PM
Admiral

I don't think that there is any walkway there that can be accessed.

Here is one review of that cabin that I found ...

"OUR CABIN: We were pleasantly surprised to find our stateroom not too small. We had a standard category 6B which a bed (two twins pushed together), a vanity area, closet with safe, and small bathroom. The bed was really comfortable. It wasn't until the last day of the cruise that I finally figured out who our cabin steward was and introduced myself. However, he did a great job of keeping our room fresh and well supplied so I had no complaints. Our one complaint about our room is that it was in the very back of the ship which gave us a great view of the wake, but also was right above some mechanical things that created a GREAT deal of noise on port days. I don't recommend M265 for that reason.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old December 12th, 2006, 05:07 PM
Beginner

Thanks for the quick response.... We booked our room as Oceanview guarantee so we knew we might not have the best... But neither of us are concerned about noise. We are at least away from kids, ex husbands, etc.
Old December 13th, 2006, 01:12 AM
Cruise Maniac

I think we had about the same room on the Sensation. I personally like having my cabin in the aft part of the ship.

Monarch of the Seas - December 2006
Elation - April 2006
Sensation - May 2005
Old December 17th, 2006, 02:57 AM
First Mate

We booked a 6A guarantee on the Fantasy and ended up with 6b - cabin M263, the very last cabin on the starboard side. There was some noise during docking and a little vibration but nothing we couldn't overlook.