Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 12th, 2006, 10:01 PM
Passenger

Default Food on the Elation

Is the food on the Buffet on the Elation any good? What knid of things do they have ? Do you eat at the Buffet much or is it better in the dining rooms? Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Old December 13th, 2006, 01:10 AM
Cruise Maniac

We ususally eat breakfast and lunch in the buffet/grill/pizza area and dinner in the dining room.

We thought the buffet was pretty good; the pizza and burgers were excellent. I personally thought the buffet deserts were a little flavorless. The dining room was very good.

Monarch of the Seas - December 2006
Elation - April 2006
Sensation - May 2005
Old December 13th, 2006, 10:18 AM
Admiral

We just returned from 5 days aboard the Elation. All but two of our meals were at the buffet. The food was good, I wouldn't say great. We had no complaints about it. The pizza was very good. We only ate in the dining room twice. We were not overly impressed with the dining room food, but we are not custom to that kind of food. We were much more comfortable in the buffet area. We ate breakfast at the buffet every morning and they had a very good selection. They will do made to order omelettes at the grill outside. It is all a matter of opinion has to what you like. We liked the buffet better than the dining room, the next person might like the dining room over the buffet. Personal preference. We really enjoyed our whole time aboard the Elation and had no complaints about anything while on board. Great ship.

Need some cruise help?
Old December 13th, 2006, 12:04 PM
First Mate

When we sailed the Elation (6 years ago), the food in the dining room was excellent. Very tasty, very well "plated" (to use a Iron Chef term), but the portion size was a bit small. However, they didn't care if you ordered double entrees so that made up for it <g>.

Of course, that was 6 years ago and a different ocean, so who knows...

Dana
Old December 13th, 2006, 10:34 PM
First Mate

I sailed on the Elation in November for a 4 night cruise. Overall, I thought the food was very good to excellent. I even enjoyed the entertainment on this ship moreso than that on the 7 day (Glory) for which we just returned. Elation is an older ship by cruise standards and you can definitely see some wear and tear, but I would sail on the Elation tomorrow.