CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Best Cruise and Ship for 21 year old age groups questions~! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/324826-best-cruise-ship-21-year-old-age-groups-questions.html)

MrMikeM84 December 19th, 2006 05:37 AM

Best Cruise and Ship for 21 year old age groups questions~!

Well Hi everyone, my names Mike and this is my first post, however Ive been reading these boards since before I went on my first cruise in November 06. We went on Princess' Carribean Princess, and it was awsome. I had never been on a cruise before and it was definatly everything and more than I had expected. It was a family trip so of course mom and dad and the ENTIRE family were there. That being said, I am 21 and sort of a party animal as well are most of my friends. The "disco" aka dance club was pretty good and they played alot of hip hop, HOWEVER, my questions are these; I heard Carnival is a good line for the party crowd, that being said I am curious to everyones opinion about what ship in Carnivals fleet would be the best to travel on, as well as where and when to find the best partying of people my age, girls to guy ratio and stuff like that. I ask this BECAUSE of the fact that while I am a party animal, I respect people and do not want to go on a cruise where its mostly older people who would find the younger peoples louder more partying atmosphere enjoyable, SO everyone response is valued. BTW, I went to the Carribean, St Thomas, St. Martin, Princess Cays, 7 day cruise for princess, so im probably looking for another 7 day cruise, probably on Carnival.

Thanks in advance.

MrMikeM84 December 19th, 2006 07:49 PM

Anybody? Common......

ready2gonow December 19th, 2006 08:50 PM

Don't know if this helps or not, but look for shorter cruises. Also pick a time that would be a break for the college age population (i.e. Spring Break). I don't think the older crowd really minds the partying. The ship is big enough for everybody. :wink: Good luck, from one of those in the middle. LOL

Fern December 19th, 2006 08:52 PM

Hi Mike,

Welcome to Cruisemates!

You don't say when you want to sail but, IMO, any Carnival ship during spring break should be great for you!

Most of us "older people" avoid Carnival ships and that time of year like the plague!

MrMikeM84 December 19th, 2006 09:03 PM

Good deal, yeah I have no preference for when I cruise I just want it to be during the most popular time for people around my age, plus I dont want to disturb people......so spring break it is.

Luanne Russo December 19th, 2006 10:16 PM

Hi Mike,

Also welcome to Cruisemates. Check out the Conquest. We put the old folks to bed, and it's party time. LOL

lonnie2086 December 21st, 2006 03:39 PM

hey Im goin on the carnival miracle in June with 3 of my friends. Ill be 21 in 3 weeks and my other friends will be 21 before our cruise. I think the best time to go is early or mid June. mostly families with children go during the summer months and June everyone is done and home from college. Ive been on the miracle 3 years ago with my family but going with friends is better lol..i cant wait..any questions let me kno[/b]