Here ia one company that does this. http://www.luggagefree.com/
The procedures ....
A typical shipment usually follows our standard chain of events:
- You call us or log on to go directly to our order page and place your order. We can be at your home within 24 hours nationwide and within only six hours in New York City. After your order is placed, you will receive an e-mail confirmation that your order has been initiated.
- On the day of pick-up our agent arrives at your home and wraps each of the bags in our protective covering, protecting the bags from dirt, damage, and theft, and transfers them to the nearest airport. The bags are then placed in our forward freight system, where they are delivered to your destination via our airborne infrastructure.
- Once the bags have landed, our local agent picks them up at the airport. If the shipment is international, our agent clears your bags through customs, and then transfers them to the ultimate destination address.
- You arrive at your hotel, villa, home, or other destination, refreshed from your hassle free travel experience, where you are met by your luggage waiting for you.
- For the return trip, the process is reversed.
- Approximately two weeks after the service is complete, we bill the credit card number on file for the amount of service.
The cost .....
Figure on $177 for a 50 pound bag going by domestic air each way.