CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Carnival Conquest - Leaving on New Year's Eve Baby!!! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/324945-carnival-conquest-leaving-new-years-eve-baby.html)

Travel_Fiend December 22nd, 2006 02:59 AM

Carnival Conquest - Leaving on New Year's Eve Baby!!!

Hello, I am very new to this board (just located and signed up on it 10 minutes ago). In any event, I will be traveling as a single traveler aboard the Carnival Conquest on New Years Eve leaving Galveston Texas. I was wondering if anyone on this board will also be sailing on that cruise. It would be good to link up for a few events.

If in the event you should respond to this post, and I am late responding back, it's because I lost the darn post (typical newbie), but I will try and stay connected. :roll:

dina December 22nd, 2006 08:57 AM

Congrats on your New Years eve cruise! Wish I was going. If you have any questions, let us know and we'll help out where we can. :D

den55 December 22nd, 2006 09:55 PM

Welcome

Time is counting down to the Conquest. Welcome to cruisemates! My husband, and 2 teenage daughters are also going. We are flying to Texas on Friday, staying 2 nights and then Conquest here we come!!. Have you cruised before? It would be great to meet up with you. I know of 2 other couples going also who we have been talking to on this website. It would be be great to all meet up for a drink and have some laughs.

ready2gonow December 22nd, 2006 10:37 PM

Welcome, Travel Fiend. Unfortunately, I won't be cruising with you, but wanted to welcome you Cruise Mates! I don't live very far from Galveston, so if you have any questions prior to boarding, just ask! Bon Voyage!

imported_r&s December 23rd, 2006 12:57 AM

A total of 5 of us will be celebrating New Years with you on the Conquest! It will be a great time.

See you onboard!

Travel_Fiend December 23rd, 2006 02:46 AM

Dina and Ready, thanks for the welcome! I wish you 2 were going.

R&S and Den55 I would love to link up with you guys and have a few drinks. Of course I'll be the "3rd wheel" but I'm still kinda fun. If you guys figure out how or where we can identify each other so that we can meet. Please let me know :D

Since I will be traveling solo, I will probably do one of the "safer" tours in Jamaica. So far I'm leaning towards the Sunset Beach Resort. But I'm still a bit uncertain.

Only 9 days to go!

Luanne Russo December 23rd, 2006 08:05 PM

Welcome to Cruisemates!!! I have the perfect location to meet on the Conquest. Alfred's Bar It is usually nice and quiet, and easy to find. The last time I put together a meet and greet, it turned out to be some place where we pretty much had it to ourselves.

Luanne

ready2gonow December 23rd, 2006 09:52 PM

Travel Fiend, thanks for the invite! Alas, I have to wait a little while for my cruise. I have a "mini" cruise in January, but that will be it for a while. Maybe next time! I know you will have a great cruise!

luizsantos November 2nd, 2012 05:45 AM

Hello........