Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 26th, 2006, 05:26 PM
Passenger

Default Just booked cruise for daughters senior trip!

I know it's hard to believe in this day and age but my daughter actually wants me to go with her on her senior trip (now I sure didn't want parents on my senior trip 24 years ago) but I'm glad she does want me there. We went on the Celebration out of Jacksonville in July of 2005. And today we booked the same cruise except this time it will be 5 nights instead of 4 and we will go to Key West instead of Freeport. I have always wanted to go to Key West. Two of her friends and their mothers have also called and booked today - and it is looking like there will be more. I am really surprised about that - but happy at the same time. I love cruising and love just sitting in the window seat looking at the ocean! We leave on May 19th. So it is a while to go....but we were upgraded this year to the Empress deck - so I'm pleased about that. One day I'm going to go on a newer ship - but we have sailed the Jubilee out of Jacksonville and the Celebration out of Jacksonville. We loved both of them!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old December 26th, 2006, 06:14 PM
Admiral

That's wonderful! You'll be making another cruise addict I'm sure. Congratulations on your daughters graduation, and I hope you have a great time aboard the Celebration. Yes, she's an older ship, but still a great ship.

Ken
Old December 26th, 2006, 07:50 PM
Passenger

I just got my confirmation on e-mail and we have a category 6D room on the Empress Deck - I'm even more excited now - last year we were on the main deck - so this is quite an upgrade.
Old December 28th, 2006, 08:59 AM
Passenger

Default Key West

I have always wanted to go to Key West - what is the best thing to do when you get there? I was looking at the excursions - but sometimes I know it is better and cheaper to just do things on your own. I'm not crazy about Freeport - so I hope it is a different type atmosphere there.