Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 27th, 2006, 11:12 AM
Beginner

Default Cancun Excursion from Calica/Playa Del Carmen

Hi everyone, I am cruising on the Facination on 2/12/07 and was thinking about doing the Cancun excursion, has anyone here done it? and if so could you give me some info.
thanks
Sponsored Links
Old December 27th, 2006, 10:37 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Hi,

I looked at the Carnival excursions offered, and this is my favorite.

Shotover Boat

You'll feel like James Bond as you take this thrilling jet boat ride through Cancun’s tropical lagoon system.

On this excursion you will:

Take a 30-minute ferry ride to the mainland. Board an air-conditioned vehicle for a ride into the heart of Cancun.
Don your life vest and climb aboard the unique propane-powered jet boat. Hold on to your seat as the boat reaches a top speed of approximately 75 kph!
Feel the exhilaration and water spray as your driver does exciting maneuvers, including 360° spins. Explore the steamy jungle and lagoon by gliding smoothly along the waterways.
Get very close to the tropical vegetation and diverse, abundant wildlife that inhabit these mangroves. Keep an eye out for flamingos, crocodiles, and colorful birds.
Enjoy a drink at the lagoon pier and go shopping in the central part of Cancun. Explore the hand made crafts at the various shops or tempt your appetite at one of the local restaurants, at your expense.
Board the bus for the return trip to Playa del Carmen. Stop at a beautiful beach to relax, swim or admire the Caribbean Ocean.
Have the option to stay in Playa del Carmen or ride back to the pier to return to your ship.
Note: Total time on the jet boat is approximately 40-45 minutes. Minimum age is 6 years. Seating on jet boat is tight. Pregnant women and guests with back/neck injuries or heart conditions are not permitted on this excursion.

Guests must be able to climb steps in and out of the boat. Life vest must be worn on boat. Comfortable walking shoes; light-colored, loose fitting cotton clothing; a small towel; fanny pack; sunscreen; and insect repellant are recommended.

This is so much fun!! Check it out!!

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old December 28th, 2006, 05:37 PM
Beginner

Thank you for your reply,
I should have been more specific, there is a Cancun shopping excursion, from what I understand a bus takes you from the port and goes to Cancun where you can shop go to the beach etc, the timeframe says 5.5 hours the ride is 45 minutes each way, what i wanted to know was has anyone done this one my worry is getting back to port on time.

P.S.
I am really not the James Bond type
Old December 28th, 2006, 05:43 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Is it a Carnival Excursion? If it is,you don't have to worry about getting back to the ship. They will wait for you.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link