Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 29th, 2006, 12:53 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to BabyD
Default Anybody on or due to be on "Fantasy" ?

Hi there, my name's Donna, im from London and am due to board Carnival Fantasy as a Massage Therapist in March!!

I've been researching for months but cant find anything about our accommodation or whatever, i know its basic, just wondered if anyone had a rough idea what i can expect?

Been told to pack a "fold down suitcase" as there isnt much room, i have to leave so many clothes here lol!

I dont even know my exact date for flying to Miami from London, but my training starts on 12th Feb so between then and 12th march!

Also if anyone knows any "cheap" hotels near the port?

I cant get my head around the $ to £ conversion, so everything sounds expensive in dollars!!

If your on the ship, are you enjoying it? Nice people there and is it a good ship to work on?

Sorry for the massive essay!

Donna x
Sponsored Links
Old December 29th, 2006, 01:29 PM
Admiral

Donna, welcome to the boards and congrts on your new job.

Try posting here http://cruisemates.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=36 and read some of the threads. Some might give you an idea as to what to expect.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old December 29th, 2006, 01:35 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to BabyD

Ahhh sorry and thankyou, just clicked the first forum i saw that was to do with me lol xx
Old December 29th, 2006, 01:42 PM
Admiral

No, it is OK to post here. It is that maybe you will get more responses in the other forum. That's all.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old December 31st, 2006, 09:59 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Anybody on or due to be on "Fantasy" ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyD
Hi there, my name's Donna, im from London and am due to board Carnival Fantasy as a Massage Therapist in March!!

I've been researching for months but cant find anything about our accommodation or whatever, i know its basic, just wondered if anyone had a rough idea what i can expect?

Been told to pack a "fold down suitcase" as there isnt much room, i have to leave so many clothes here lol!

I dont even know my exact date for flying to Miami from London, but my training starts on 12th Feb so between then and 12th march!

Also if anyone knows any "cheap" hotels near the port?

I cant get my head around the $ to £ conversion, so everything sounds expensive in dollars!!

If your on the ship, are you enjoying it? Nice people there and is it a good ship to work on?

Sorry for the massive essay!

Donna x
Donna: We just got off the Fantasy. The Assistant Cruise Director is Kevin Noonan (from New York) and his wife Gemma is from Sussex. A wonderful couple.

New Orleans hotels around the port are going to be pretty expensive because the city was damaged by a hurricane a little over a year ago and they are just now rebuilding. The "French Quarter" (there the port is) was basically untouched...but the surrounding areas were destroyed. Most of the people who worked at the hotels and restaurants lived in those areas that were destroyed. It is coming back, but things are still pretty expensive for lodging at the port.

Since the port is so near the French Quarter, that runs the hotel rates up.
I can't do Euro to Dollar conversions...but you can get a hotel near the port for (Hampton Inn) around $125.00 American a night. Check with the people who are training you and see if they have some hotels that give their employees a price break.

The Fantasy itself is a very nice ship. (70,000 tons) It was built in 1990, but Carnival does a good job with the upkeep. We found the staff and crew to be very nice.

I have never worked on a cruise ship...but I have sailed on so many of them...I feel like I have worked on them sometimes.

If you have any more specific questions, I will try to help or direct you to someone who may know!!

Welcome to Cruisemates and I hope you have a wonderful career onboard the Carnival ships!!

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND
Old January 5th, 2007, 11:03 AM
Passenger

Can you let me know the name of the calypso band on Fantasy