Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 1st, 2007, 10:01 AM
First Mate

Default Past Guest - But Carnival Can't find Me

I have sailed Carnival twice before.

I sailed on the Tropicale around 1989 and the Holiday in 1991.

I called Carnival to make a new reservation. They asked if I was a past traveler. I told them yes. They quoted me a discount. When it came time to actually make the reservation I was told that they could find me in the system, but I had no past guest number. No discount.

Is there a limit on how long ago you had been a past guest? Anyone else have this issue? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Brian
Sponsored Links
Old January 1st, 2007, 11:21 AM
Familiar Face

Same thing happened to me. I sailed the Carnivale in 1980 something. After the first attempt, I called back again and spoke to another agent who was able to locate me. The only additional info we gave them was that it was in April(our anniversary month)and he was able to find us. So, try again and again with different people.
Old January 1st, 2007, 11:34 PM
Captain

The same thing happened to our Dec 1990 sailing on the Jubilee. It was our first cruise and I was able to find our booking number in my scrapbook. When Carnival started the Platinum Cruiser program, we were getting ready to sail on the Triumph and they only showed 9 cruises for us. After I found the booking number our Carnival Vacation Planner emailed me a listing and told us to give it to the Pursers desk on embarkation. We later received our Platinum sail and sign cards and a nice letter from the Chief Purser. Unfortunately, the Platinum Cruiser program had just started and we didn't receive any special perks! We are looking forward to cruise #11 and any perks we might receive!!

AKcruiser
Old January 1st, 2007, 11:39 PM
Admiral

Also, if you have any momento that can verify you were on that cruise.... a picture at embarkation, anything, that may help.
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old January 3rd, 2007, 12:49 AM
Admiral

They had me under my middle name one time and my first name the second. Maybe that helps?

Read and post cruise reviews

Read and post cruise reviews
/ticker.png">
Old January 3rd, 2007, 03:07 PM
Admiral

We had to have 8 cruises add to our "cruise history" since they were before the use of computers (1982-1989).

If you will go to www.carnival.com click my profile log in and then click cruise history...it will show you all the cruises Carnival has listed for you.

At the bottom, click ADD cruises. Fill out the information requested
and they will email you back asking for the "proof" they need along with the fax number you will need to fax the proof to.

We faxes copies of our embarkation pictures and this was accepted as proof....(along with a photo id ) Plus our PVP help verify we were who we said we were.

Good Luck

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND
Old January 4th, 2007, 04:44 PM
Beginner

My family and I sailed on the Jubilee in 1985. Last Fall, I reserved my second Carnival cruise ... for January 07 on the Holiday out of Mobile, Alabama (we leave a week from today)!! When I made the reservation, I used Carnival's own Travel Agent (Linda) and was told that their system could not find where I had sailed on the Jubilee since their records only go back 10 years. By the posts above, it sounds as if most of those responding also had cruises that were at least 10 years (or more) ago. That is the reason, I guess, on why past cruises can not be found. However, I do like the suggestions above and will contact Carnival to see if my prior cruise details can be found.
Old January 4th, 2007, 09:38 PM
First Mate

Default They Found Me

I found someone that connected me to the past Guest Department.

I emailed them some pictures of me on the boat. I now have a past guest number and discount on my next cruise. Thanks for all of the suggestions.

Brian
Old January 5th, 2007, 12:18 AM
Admiral

Yeaaaaaaa! I glad you finally found someone to help you. Have a wonderful cruise!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13