Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 2nd, 2007, 10:16 PM
Passenger

Default On line Cruise agents

Any one use CruiseOnly.com? Is it OK to use on-line Cruise travel sites? I have used Expedia many times for trips to the Caribbean and across the US but was just wondering what any thought about CruiseOnly.
Sponsored Links
Old January 2nd, 2007, 11:53 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to mteague

My TA said Carnival sets the prices and that is the price for everyone. Prices change regularly and the price you end up paying depends on when you booked. A good TA will check the rates often to take advantage of any reductions for you. If you haven't paid in full, you get the savings on your cruise bill. If you've paid the trip in full, you get onboard credits. With that said, I haven't used an online agent. I like to have one close by so I can bug them to death!

I'm not sure if the online agents watch the prices for you, or if you have to do that yourself. We booked with the TA in June 2006 for a May 2007 cruise. We've had at least 2 price drops since then. At this rate, I should be traveling free by the time we sail!

I think some cruisemates have used online agents with no problem. I like to know where my agent can be found. If there is a problem, I want to see them in person! If it's really bad, I bring Cousin Vinny along!
Old January 2nd, 2007, 11:55 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to mteague

I think the guys on The Cruise of The Century left us a little post gremlin! It burped and doubled my post!
Old January 3rd, 2007, 08:02 PM
Passenger

We used to use a TA before we moved. Now we call Carnival. If you get a good Rep. they will keep you posted on everything and call you if the price goes down (just like a TA-as mentioned earlier). Carnival does set the price and I highly doubt you'll find a lower price anywhere else (although it doesn't hurt to check). We have booked a couple times now with Leslie Jones at Carnival and she is a blast and informative (just an FYI).