Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 3rd, 2007, 04:03 PM
Familiar Face

Default Carnival Celebration

My family (me, DH, DD 8, DS 10) and my parents are going on our first cruise this summer. We are going on the Celebration to Key West and Nassau. I'd like to hear from anyone who has done this cruise - especially if you took kids with you. What can we expect? What is Camp Carnival like? How formal is formal night? Is the pool deck always crowded? Anything you can tell me would be appreciated.
Carnival Dream (Cozumel, Roatan, Belize, Costa Maya) - June '11
Carnival Freedom (Key West, Grand Cayman, Jamaica) Dec. '12
Carnival Sunshine (Nassau, St. Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk) - June '14
Carnival Fantasy (Caribbean) - Dec. '14
Carnival Liberty (Alaska) - June '15
Sponsored Links
Old January 3rd, 2007, 05:17 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to mteague

The Celebration was my first cruise, but that was when it's home port was New Orleans. My 12 year old loved Camp Carnival. Both the 12 and 15 year old said it was better than Disney World. We managed to get a chair each time we went to the pool. That could be because we sat down in any chair that didn't have a person in it! No, I'm not that bad.......we did get chairs though! Formals nights ran the gamut. Kahki pants, shirt and tie to tuxedos.......dress slacks and a blouse to evening gowns.

I didn't get to actually see the inside of the dining room on formal nights because someone left the suitcase with my formal clothes on the bedroom floor!

I've been to Key West, but not on a cruise. I've never been to Nassau. Key West was great for me and I think you will have a great time!
Old January 6th, 2007, 12:18 AM
Passenger

She's a small ship without the Grand Atriums you see in pictures of other boats. She is old and shows her age in some places but the crew is always working and cleaning. The carpets are a bit worn and faded, the bathrooms are a little dingy, but the living quarters are well kept. The food was good some nights, not so good other nights. Formal night I wore a sport jacket and tie, and did not feel out of place. The clubs get crowded depending on the number of souls on board and some nights we could not get in because of the crowds. If you want to karaoke get there early, it fills up fast. Poolside is not that bad if you get there in the morning. The lido cafe is good, sushi is good.

On a scale of one to ten I would give her a 5 based on the other boats in the Carnival Fleet, based on the price I would give her a 8.

Hope this helps.

Old January 6th, 2007, 10:40 AM
Captain

Well for a contrast she is a row boat compared to the Conquest
Pricing is great & the Celebration is rated at the top of Carnival's fleet for the chow.... A little crowded in the buffet dinning room as the seats are not as relaxing compared to the Conquest (relaxed reading & people watching)... We had a great time on the Celebration... The terminal in Jacksonsville is fast & you will be on the boat in no time... Have a great cruise..

Conquest .... Nov /03 (New Orleans)
Conquest .... Dec /05 (Galveston)
Celebration.. Sept /06 (Jacksonville)
Fantasy....... Dec/07 (New Orleans)
Splendor...... Nov. 29th, 2009

Splendor...... Nov. 28th, 2010 (booked)
Old January 6th, 2007, 12:03 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob M
Well for a contrast she is a row boat compared to the Conquest
Pricing is great & the Celebration is rated at the top of Carnival's fleet for the chow.... A little crowded in the buffet dinning room as the seats are not as relaxing compared to the Conquest (relaxed reading & people watching)... We had a great time on the Celebration... The terminal in Jacksonsville is fast & you will be on the boat in no time... Have a great cruise..
Bob my mother works the embark counter in Jax.. They are carnivals highest rated terminal for customer satisfaction. They have an excellent staff their and they all work their tails off to get you onboard as fast as possible.