Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 3rd, 2007, 06:31 PM
Passenger

Default Tequila Beach or Uvero Beach??

Hi Everyone,

We are taking our first Carnival Cruise in July on the Liberty with DD, 22 months and DS 14 years. Is Tequila Beach a safe place to venture on our own or are we better off doing a ship sponsored beach tour at Uvero Beach in Costa Maya

TIA
Sponsored Links
Old January 5th, 2007, 11:50 AM
Passenger

Tequila Beach is actually Tequila Beach Club...its a bar/restaurant/resort type place that offers you packages to purchase for an all inclusive day...drinks, food, and loungers are provided. It is right before you get to the fishing village of Majuhaul...maybe 100 ft away. A $3 taxi ride (5 minutes) will get you there. You buy your taxi ticket at the port. It is $2 to get back. It's completely safe...we went there and LOVED it. The manager is Otto, a guy from Indianapolis. If you like to eat and drink, want beach loungers, and shade, you won't go wrong.

http://www.costa-maya-tours.com:80/T...quilaBeach.cfm

That is a link to their website. We bought our package in the port for $25 and that included lunch, too. Much cheaper than their website.

I don't know anything about Uvero, except to say that I think that's where the cruise ship takes it's passengers who buy an excursion with them. I bet it's BUSY! I have heard it's very nice, though.
Old January 6th, 2007, 09:25 PM
Passenger

we have looked into tequila beach club it looks and seems nice on the website but i hear the water is very rough there, is there ample and safe swimming there? DS likes the idea of mexican snacks TIA
Old January 6th, 2007, 10:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

LubyShell, When are you sailing in July? We are booked for the July 1st sailing on the Liberty.

RCCL Freedom of the Seas 2/10
Carnival Legend 2/09
Carnival Victory 2/08
Carnival Liberty 7/07
Carnival Valor 4/06
Carnival Celebration 4/05
Carnival Sensation 4/04
Old January 7th, 2007, 02:05 PM
Passenger

We are sailing on the 29th
Old January 8th, 2007, 05:02 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LubyShell
we have looked into tequila beach club it looks and seems nice on the website but i hear the water is very rough there, is there ample and safe swimming there? DS likes the idea of mexican snacks TIA
There was lots of seaweed directly in front of TBC. It was yucky. People were swimming in it, though, but I just couldn't do it. I did walk up the beach a bit though and the water was beautiful, clear, and calm, but a bit rocky when first getting in.
Old January 12th, 2007, 03:04 PM
Passenger

Sounds pretty good, DS 14, DD 22 months and DH will be in the water so was wondering if there are any lifeguards, DH grew up on the beach so i am sure he will be in the water anyway thanks

Old January 13th, 2007, 12:58 PM
Admiral

The seaweed is turtle grass and not a problem.

If you go to my web cruise page and scroll down to the section that looks like this:

Costa Maya: Costa Maya Nov 14, 2006 Sept 8, 2006 - Costa Maya (incl Chac-Chi) How to get to Chac-Chi Tours @ the Dock - Costa Maya Dec 26, 2005 - Costa Maya

I have some pictures from both Tequila Beach, Uvero and many others. The whole region is perfectly safe and the vendors understand NO.

Uvero is nice, but is isolated from anything else and a longer bus ride to get to. They have many activities.

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/zc_cruise_page.htm
Old January 15th, 2007, 07:42 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

I was disappointed with Uvero Beach. It was really crowded the day we were there and the bottom of the ocean was covered in sea grass. I really like the beach at Majahual better (and it was cheaper).
Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03